I had a RNY in 2004. I need a revision.

Karen H.
on 3/4/12 2:09 pm
Does anyone know of a great understanding surgeon that is in Indiana that can do a revision of the RNY?

..."Let Us Love The World To Peace"...

Toy T.
on 3/5/12 5:38 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Hi,
What type of revision do you want?
Karen H.
on 3/7/12 11:04 am
Hello, I had an RNY in 2004, had a perforated ulcer in 2005 and had to be opened up again..
I have gained all my weight back, and need something, but I don't know what would be the bset or what is even available and less dangerous but effective. Any ideas?

Toy T.
on 3/7/12 11:52 am
DS on 02/22/12
 There are many options available. It just depends on what you want. How much do you currently weigh, any health problems, are you willing to travel?

There is RNY to band, RNY to VSG, RNY to DS, RNY to RNY, RNY to etc...

I am bias towards RNY to DS since I just had mine 2/22/2012. I also had bypass in 2004 and gained all but 30 lbs back. I had to go to CA to have revision done. I chose DS bc I wanted something long term that would prevent me from having to do this in a few years again. It features the restricitive and malabsorption component that I need. Has shown to be the most effective for long term weight loss and the ability to maintain weight loss. Like Jamie said go check out DSfacts.com
Karen H.
on 3/8/12 1:01 pm
Thank you for all the information.. I really appreciate it..

smileyjamie72
on 3/5/12 11:44 am - Palmer, AK

Depending on what you want to revise to, I just want to share with you that this link was what RELLY, REALLY sealed my decision to pursue an RNY to DS revision:
http://www.dssurgery.com/about/publications/duodenal-switch-safe-operation.pdf

I honestly thought "I" had failed, but, come to find out, my surgery FAILED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are interestd in doing an RNY to DS, here is a list of the doctors doing the complicated procedure:

Dr. Keshishian, located in California

Dr. Rabkin, located in California

Dr. Stewart, located in Texas

Dr. Elariny, located in Virginia

Dr. Roslin, located in New York

Dr. Buchwald, located in Minnesota

Of course, the above doctors are in the United States 

Dr. Gagner, located in Canada

Dr. Baltasar, located in Spain

Dr. Marchesini, located  in Brazil

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Karen H.
on 3/7/12 11:11 am
Hi, Thank You for responding..I had a RNY in 2004 and didn't lose much weight at all really.. Then In 2005 I had a perforated Ulcer and had to be opened agin was in ICU 1 week. terrible place (This Hospital)
Will never go back there have not seen a bariatric surgeon since 2005 when I had the ulcer fixed. Didn't even have any follow-up with the Doctor who was my Baratric sugeon.
Anyway. I have gained all my weight back, feel terrible and not sure what to have done. I want a revision on my RNY..I'm not sure what the doctors can do but I hope something..

Do you know of anything they do? I will check out the link you gave me.. Thank You for being so kind again..

Most Active