Revision from band to ?? due to achalasia?

He who can't be Named
on 3/1/12 9:08 am, edited 2/29/12 9:09 pm
Since restriction has worked for you until these recent issues, are you thinking of the VSG?

I have scar tissue from the band too, but have talked to several surgeons that feel it will improve with time, so I can get the sleeve eventually. I did have hopes of getting a revision when my band was removed, but there was too much damage and he didn't want to do further surgery.

Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
Jean M.
on 3/1/12 8:30 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Yes, the sleeve is my preference.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

mjst220
on 4/9/12 6:12 am
Hi Jean,
I remember you from the lapband forum. I had the band for 3 yrs and recently revised to RNY. Unlike you I was a lap band failure- gained 40 pounds with it after a loss of only 17 in the beginning. Come to find out after revising when my band was removed it was infected but I had had no symptoms other than feeling very irritable and tired all the time. I also have BCBS. I am glad to say I am 5 mo. out now and down 60 pounds. SO FAR, this is the best decision I could have made. Best of Luck to you , and so sorry you are having to go thru this. Your replies on the lap band forum were always so insightful to me!
Jean M.
on 4/10/12 5:14 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Thanks for your kind words. It must've been so frustrating and scary to gain weight with your band, only to learn that it was infected. I'm glad things are going well for you now. I'm happy to report that BC/BS approved my band removal and VSG revision surgery and I'm moving closer to getting a date for it.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

mjst220
on 4/10/12 5:34 am
Great! So glad they approved it and best of luck to you!
Most Active