Trying not to get discouraged

breiman
on 2/15/12 4:23 am - IL
Well it's been a long week already.  I recently posted that I have a prolapsed lap-band and am hoping for a revision to the sleeve.  So I'm working with the surgeon's office and my insurance to get this approved.  My insurance doesn't have a clear policy in black and white stating about how they handle revisions.  It does say that "No benefits are provided for subsequent surgery due to failure to achieve long-term weight loss".  I never really achieved much weight loss.  I only lost 36lbs and have gained all those back and about 30 more.  The doctor says the band was never a good fit for me as I was never able to find that "sweet spot" and may never have been able to.  Did I fail or has the band failed?  The doctor's office is going to proceed with the steps I have to do to get their predetermination letter written and then it goes to the insurance company.  I guess I just have to pray.  I'm so nervous and upset about the whole thing.  You know I chose the lap-band to help me lose this lifetime of weight and now it has slipped and could potentionally cause damage to my stomach so I have to lose the tool I hoped would help me and now may be left with nothing.  I'm just so discouraged...If I can't get revised to the sleeve, I just don't know what I'll do next.  I had such hope of enjoying life and doing things with my kids that I've never been able to do.  Sorry just needed to vent I guess..
MsBatt
on 2/15/12 8:55 am
Stupudly, many insurance companies are not covering the Sleeve yet, saying it's still experimental. If they give you that answer, tell them you'll take a DS, then. (*grin*)
Hislady
on 2/15/12 11:17 am - Vancouver, WA
Well at least you aren't alone! There are so many of us that are in your same situation. I'm just hoping some group starts a civil suit against them and get all of us revised to a real surgery. It was the wrong surgery for a whole lot of us!
Most Active