VSG TO DS

Nath76
on 2/15/12 12:24 am
I posted that on the DS Forum but realize that it should probably be on here instead :) 

My question is this: Would you still loose a considerable amount of weight if you have had the vsg done years ago so can actually eat a fair amount of food but now do the DS part? I am concerned that I am not going to loose weight because this surgery will only be malasobive and not restrictive anymore. My surgeon says that unless my sleeve is enlarged /stretched out he will not re- sleeve it.

Also, can you explain why I would still have to do liquid diet for 3 weeks after surgery? Is it because of the plumbing?

Thanks for letting me know, i have surgery on feb 24th so it is coming up!!!

airbender
on 2/17/12 8:49 pm
weight loss really is individualized...there are 2 stage DSers on the site.  your surgeon is right re-sleeving should only be done rarely.  adding the malabsorption you would be eating the same but you would only absorb part of what you eat (unless it is simple carbs they are absorbed at 100%)  post op eating is really indiviualized per the surgeon.  some surgeons advance DSers on regular food in the hospital,  i didn't do a liquid diet at all, forget 3 weeks.  good luck on your journey
Most Active