Has anyone had the lapband removed and then had the roux en y done??

sknd34
on 2/21/12 2:25 am - West Fargo, ND
A dilatation is where they go in and open up the opening at the end of your pouch because it has closed off. They go in with a scope during an EGD and dilate it with a balloon.  You are asleep during the procedure.
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
dishawn
on 2/17/12 9:44 am - CA
 I am just beginning the process with my insurance.....asking for the band to be removed and replaced with the sleeve.  The doctor said he does not know what is wrong with my band.  I have extreme pain around my port and it takes forever for food and liquid to go down.  Everytime I eat, I feel like I have a chest full of mucus....but unable to cough mucus out of my chest.  I am going to see a different Bariatric surgeon in two weeks.  What kind of information would be useful to help me get rid of this band and get something else.  I was banded in April 2009  and I have lost 60 pounds total, with spending a great amount of time getting fills and to now be in pain.  I am not happy with the band results nor feeling like this now.  I AM COMPLETELY FRUSTRATED!!!
destineeb
on 2/21/12 12:26 am
Sorry to hear that you are going through all of that. My band eroded into my stomach and had to be removed asap. The Dr. that removed would not do any other WLS when he removed my band. I also got a serious infection while in recovery. I had to wait a year after my band was removed to even consider another WLS. Finally my new doctor from a new health plan referred me right away to have the WLS. But then I got pregnant while taking the required classes for the WLS. So I continued my classes but had to wait another year after my baby was born to have the WLS. So finally I am due to have the Roux N Y this March. I am so worried that there will be too much scarred tissue that it may cause problems during the surgery or after.
Has your doctor checked to see if the band is eroding into your stomach?????
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/12 2:23 am - NJ
*raises hand* I did!!  

I had my band for 8 months (June 08 - March 09), then had RNY in April 09, to let my stomach heal up a bit from the band-inflicted damage.

I lost maybe 15ish pounds with the band, and I was pretty mu*****onstant pain and vomited nearly everything I ate the last 5 months I had it - fills, emergency unfills etc.  Just awful.

I have lost and maintained over 100 pounds and feel great.

HoulaLady
on 2/21/12 1:00 pm
I'm having my band removed tomorrow and being converted to a Gastric Bypass.
Most Active