Any good revision surgeons out there?

Gigifatsalloff
on 2/8/12 4:43 am
DS on 02/20/12
Looking for Revision from VBG to DS -self pay

MsBatt
on 2/8/12 9:24 am
I suggest Rabkin or Keshishian, both in CA, perhaps Greenbaun or Roslin on the East Coast. This is a VERY tricky revision---you want a VERY experienced surgeon.

RockChick
on 2/8/12 10:48 am - Los Angeles , CA
Hi, here's a list below of the vetted surgeons who specialize in revisions, and you should't go to anyone not on this list. It's short because revisions are highly specialized surgery. Hopefully one of them is close to you, but you will see that people travel from all over, very common, because it's necessary.  I also encouorage you to come to a new board where there are DS veterans with a wealth of information: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/ Many postings you can read, ask questions. 

Also go to DSfacts at http://www.dsfacts.com/

US

Dr. Rabkin, northern California,  Dr. Keshishian, southern California

Dr. Elariny, Virginia

Dr. Roslin, New York

Dr. Buchwald,  Minnesota

Out of the US

Dr. Gagner, Canada (Does most revisions in two parts)

Dr. Baltasar, Spain

Dr. Marchesini, Brazil

Dr. Ungson, Mexico

Wishing you luck, hope to see you on the other board too. 

Revision to DS 12/15/2011/Dr. Keshishian, Verdugo Hills

RNY 5/11/2002 Dr. Muryama, Northwestern 

***RNY complication surgery 5/2011, Hernia repairs 6/2003, 8/2013

SW 240 CW 158-163 Goal and maintaining 

MsBatt
on 2/8/12 12:15 pm
Gigi, I'm being moderated right now and therefore couldn't reply to your PM. (Strangely enough, while I could recieve your PM, I couldn't contact the moderators to find out why I can't write back---seems I'm not allowed to PM THEM, either.)

Anyway---I don't know if Stewart does the VBG-to-DS revision. Wouldn't hurt to contact him, though, since he does do 'virgin' DSes. I don't *think* revising the stomach portion of the VBG is as involved as revising the RNY is---but then, I only 'play' doctor. (*grin*)
adnerb
on 2/9/12 9:33 am
Good evening! I had a revision 12/11 with Dr. Stewart. It was more complicated RNY to DS. I had it done lap and have had a wonderful recovery. He is a very great surgeon. I would highly recommend him. Be careful with Dr. G, have heard he is charging substantial fees just to correspond by email regarding his services w/out prior disclosure. Best wishes with your decisions! Feel free to PM me...if I can respond too!
Brenda
Most Active