After a year and six months LapBand out!

AnewMoMo
on 2/13/12 1:56 am - Fontana, CA
Revision on 03/08/12

I am glad to hear that you are doing well   Please keep me posted on your progress.

Thanks

SW: 260  CW: 213  Revision 3/8/12
“Nothing will work unless you do.?- Dr. Maya Angelou                 
MARIA F.
on 2/13/12 2:07 am - Athens, GA
On February 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM Pacific Time, A H. wrote:
I had my band 4.5 years and was just revised to a sleeve on Thursday. My band had slipped too and there was a lot of scar tissue. The surgery took 5 hours most of it cleaning up the adhesions. I spent 2 nights in the hospital due to the first night being too inflamed to be able to swallow fluids but they were able to open my esophagus a little with a EGD and from then on it was smooth sailing. I have been home since Saturday and am recovering well. Feels so good to have that band out i can't even tell ya.

Congrats on the revision A.H.!

FormerlyFluffy.com

MARIA F.
on 2/13/12 2:09 am - Athens, GA

I still have my CRAP-BAND but am hoping to revise to VSG. Most bandsters seem to prefer VSG.

I have a failed band group on Facebook. Please join us. The link is below.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Barb H.
on 2/14/12 2:21 am - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
I just revised from the band to RNY on 1/25. In order to have enough restriction to give me the help I needed, I had really bad GERD and chronic bronchitis. The bronchitis was caused from aspirating while I was sleeping. My surgeon emptied my band to see if it would alleviate the symptoms and it did right away. And I proceeded to gain back all my weight plus. Initially I wanted to get the sleeve but because it works similarly to the band because it creates restriction. This is why it can also cause GERD, like the band can. This is one of the reasons I went with RNY. My metabolism is also really slow and the malabsorption will help me more than the sleeve.

So just do your research on the different procedures available and see which one seems to a better fit for you.
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

MomTo3Ds
on 2/14/12 2:54 pm
I'm having my band removed next week and converting to a RNY. My insurance won't cover the Sleeve, as they say it's 'new'. However, I know people who have a same insurance and have the sleeve. Needless to say, I'm scared. A recent ultrasound detected gallstones. But my surgeon said since they aren't bothering me, leave them alone.
Most Active