Wow! That's a lot of vitamins!

Sneeka D.
on 2/8/12 9:49 am, edited 2/8/12 10:03 am - New York, NY
RNY on 02/13/12
I am scheduled for my rny on Monday. I just got my delivery of pre-packaged rny vitamins from vitalady. They are broken up into morning, mid-day and bed-time doses.

It is a lot! With the band, I couldn't swallow one of those pills, let alone a handful! How has that been for former bandsters? Can you get them all in every day? When my husband saw them, he said, you have to take that for the rest of your life? We both paused at that thought.

Please let me know how you post-rnyers are doing with your vitamins.
Jennifer Ramsey
on 2/8/12 11:04 am - Southaven, MS
Revision on 04/11/12
I did the same thing today! I'm having my band out Friday and my RNY on 3/12. I divided them up and they didnt fit in the pill box! We can do it, its just a part of it!!
Sneeka D.
on 2/8/12 11:43 am - New York, NY
RNY on 02/13/12
Hey Jennifer - It is so intimidating to see so many pills when for years, I couldn't even take one!

I am going to try taking the whole regimen tomorrow and see how it goes.
clpeltz
on 2/9/12 7:41 am
Yes, it will seem like a lot when you go from taking nothing to taking a regimen.  You will get used to it.  It may take a while before you are able to get them ALL in everyday.  Just keep working at it.  I was 3 months out before I was able to take ALL of the vites every day.  You will need to let your body heal before putting a lot into it.  Just make sure that you listen to your body and take your time.  You will be just fine!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

inthedeependgirl
on 2/23/12 1:57 am - Lancaster, MA
Everyday... I have bone loss because I didn't get that memo in 99. Longer issues will be solved if you take care of yourself with vitamins and supplements
Most Active