worried, confused, frustrated

BigShow78
on 1/30/12 11:16 pm - TX
I had revision from lapband to sleeve on Jan. 24, 2012.  I know it has only been a week, but my weight hasn't changed in 4 days.  I am concerned about how I have been consuming less than a couple of hundred calories per day and if I can't lose weight doing that how am i going to lose weight  when I am able to start eating solid foods and more calories again.  I 'm afraid that I wont be able to lose weight.  I'm just confused, frustrated and worried. Has anyone had this problem or any advice?

thanks

heathercross
on 1/31/12 1:45 am - New York, NY
 You have to remember the basics of weight loss, your body wants to hold onto the calories.  You don't eat, you don't give your body fuel, you don't lose.  What you are doing right now is doubting yourself. I did, I think we all did.  You think that since you failed once before, you will fail again.  PLEASE, for your own sanity, stop living inside your head and let your body recover.  Did you blog/chroncile your initial surgery, if so go back and read the quotes a few days post op. I bet you were wondering the same thing. 

Nic M
on 1/31/12 2:59 am
Your body is inflamed from surgery. You have swelling in your tissues. A lot of people come out of surgery weighing quite a bit more than they did when they went in, actually. Don't rush... be patient. Your body is healing and it will take some time.

You'll lose when you're more healed and able to eat solid foods and exercise.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

A H.
on 1/31/12 4:47 am
Revision on 02/09/12
They pump you full of iv fluids during surgery, plus you have the gas they filled you with and tons of swelling.  Be patient with yourself and maybe step away from the scale for a week and let yourself heal. The scale will start to move.  Most importantly drink as much fluids as possible and try to get in your protein shakes. Your calories would be over a couple hundred if you drank 3 protein shakes a day and that will help your body not feel like it's starving.

Band (09/07) removed, revised to sleeve 2/9/12.

Most Active