APPROVED for revison ...VBG revising to RNY

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/12 6:10 am - SC
After my 8 month appeal process with Tricare Prime, I have at last gotten an approval for my revision.  I am still doing a happy dance and wanted to share my awesome news!!

I was hoping that I could get some of you to share your story on your experience with revison.  I know there is a higher risk with a revision and am already getting nervous.  What some differences that I should expect?  Is the recovery longer? 

God Bless,
Kimberly
dhelms
on 1/18/12 7:39 am
Oct 26, 2011 I had a revision from VBG to RNY.  The surgery went great no problems with it.  For some reason, my BP dropped shortly after surgery.  They were suspecting a leak but they did tests and there was not a leak.  I don't know why my BP dropped so low.  I stayed one day longer in the hospital than usual.  It took me 6-8 weeks to get my strength back, but I am 62 years old and it takes a little longer for us old folks.  I also had a hernia repaired at the same time.  My first surgery was open incision, but this time they were able to do it lap.  I have not had problems with throwing up or other food problems.  I have been well pleased with my surgery once I got my energy back.  I am feeling great now.

Regard,

Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 8:34 am - SC
Thank you so much for your help Dianne!!!  I hope you contine to do well with your new lease on life.

God Bless
Kimberly
micheleshep
on 1/18/12 10:23 am
Revision on 04/30/12
CONGRATS good luck with your revision
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 8:35 am - SC
Thank you!!!   =)
rebeccaford
on 1/20/12 1:09 pm - Honolulu, HI
I had a revision from a VBG to RNY almost 3 years ago.  Email me at [email protected].  I am a success :-)
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 8:50 am - SC
Hello Rebeccaford  =)

Congrats on your sucess!!!  I am so excited to get rid of this nasty VBG.  It has caused me so many problems over the years and have only gotten worse.  I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that I was approved for revision.  Dr. Tribble at Palmetto Baptist hospital is doing mine and he thinks it will stop all my throwing up, GERD, my intolerance to meat and most proteins ect... although he doesnt see me losing but maybe 25 or so pounds since I was already living restricted by the complications of the VBG.  Did they tell you this as well?  I am at 5'3, 210 lbs right now, it goes up and down depending on how much I throw up.  How much weight were u able to lose after your RNY.  I really enjoyed your journey about VBG surgery, you shared alot of very good info.  Hope to hear from you soon.

God Bless
Kimberly
vwelsh
on 1/20/12 11:14 pm - Hudson, KY
Congrats!!!  I have one more pre-op test before my revision from VBG to RNY.  Can't wait.  I expect to have a surgery date in February.  Will you be having your surgery at a military hospital???  Tricare Standard is my secondary insurance so haven't had an issue with them.....SO FAR!!!  Good Luck!
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 8:41 am - SC
Vwelsh,

I am having my surgery at Palmetto Baptist with Dr. Tribble.  They are an awsome group of people and have done so much for me to get me approved for my much needed revision.  I have tricare prime and had to appeal twice.  I am having my surgery on April 30, 2012, I am in nursing school and must wait until the semester is over.  I don't think I could keep my studies going this semester if I tried to get EVERYTHING done at the moment. I will be spending my time walking walking walking and building my strength to hopfully recover quicker.  Please keep me up to date on how your surgery goes.  GLuck and congrats on getting rid of that dreadful VBG!!!

God Bless
Kimberly
Duval Diva
on 1/22/12 10:42 pm - JACKSONVILLE, FL
Hi Kim i have Tri - Care  and just got denied for revision Can you email me some Info [email protected]

Most Active