Only 5# lost on pre-op liver shrink diet????

Linda A.
on 1/15/12 7:04 am - Byhalia, MS
VSG on 01/19/12
I am less than 4 days away from my revision - band to sleeve.  I have done a good job following my Drs instructions for pre-op diet - actually have surprised myself at how well I have stuck to it - have even journaled all my food. had one day about 4 days into diet where cravings won out and i ate some crackers and some Weigh****chers fudge bars. Not bad food but just not allowed on the diet. Otherwise have done a REALLY good job!I know the purpose of the preop diet is not to lose weight but I am surprised I have only lost five pounds. And I lost those in the first few days  - havent lost any since. Just wondered if this is normal? I still have af ew days to go but it kind of discouarges me. Just wondered about others pre-op?
Hislady
on 1/15/12 9:17 am - Vancouver, WA

I wouldn't worry about it, any loss is a good thing. Just take it slow and work at it slowly. Once you healed from your revision you can really get to work on weight loss!

heathercross
on 1/16/12 1:13 am - New York, NY
 The pre-op diet for my Lap-band (Band over bypass) required by my doctor was 2 weeks of liquids and veggies, nothing else.  I lose, I think, 12 lbs.  Only once did I cheat as I had egg beaters.  When I had the Open RNY, 10 years ago, I ate a cheeseburger and chicken wings the night before.  

As I don't know how long your full pre-op diet was, you may not have eaten enough.  Your body may just be holding on to the calories a litle harder.  While you say you ate well, how did you drink?  

I wouldn't worry about it, the reason's doctors do this is to de-fat the liver and shrink your organs. It makes surgery easier. Don't stree it, good luck!

Most Active