Input needed on possible DS revision

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/12 6:06 pm
I tried to change the heading on the post, but as usual  OH is screwing up. SO. Here goes...

At the time I was at the other site, I was very raw emotionally and mentally. It was not a good time for me to be berrated by a virtual 'stranger'. I tried to explain my problems, but my mind was not as clear as it is now. It happens.

Normally, I would have just said 'F -You' and moved on, but I was quite raw at that time. I tire of the abusive language from people. It's rude and unnecessary. So, I left. I may go back, I may not.

I basically know what to do diet wise. Have cut sugar and gluten. Has made no difference. I walk more now, although I still can't exercise after the knee surgeries. But I'm getting there. Went thru a depressive bout whi*****luded eating the wrong foods, turned it around and kept on gaining.

Trust me, the last thing I want to do is have more surgery. I've been cut on enough and with each one, the risk just gets higher.

I was told that I needed a more aggresive surgery from the beginning. That was after my RNY. Well, I've had the DS and my body loved it in the beginning. So did I. Still do.

I expected some regain, but not as much as I have. This is more than bounce back. I'm afraid of the effect the weight is having on my new knees etc. I had this surgery to be healthy. That is my entire goal. Not to be a size 5, but not to have weight or my health be an issue in my life.

I take my vitamins and do protein religiously. Still.. I'm just kinda lost and stuck.
MsBatt
on 1/11/12 1:29 am
How long is your common channel, and do you journal your food?

There are really only two ways to revise a DS---reducing sleeve size, and shortening the common channel.. As much as your stomach has already been cut on, I suspect reducing your sleeve size might be too risky. Shortening the CC is a fairly easy surgery, but can, of course, cause vitamin and mineral deficiency troubles. How are your labs? Any downward trends?

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 1:04 am, edited 1/11/12 3:59 am
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 4:57 am
That's my post. I decided to try and get some input and advice. Despite. We will see what happens when I see Dr.G next week. The surgery may not even be an option.
Most Active