Input needed on possible DS revision

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/12 1:44 am
 Is there anyone out there who had a DS revision due to excessive regain? I have an appointment with my doc to discuss the possibility. Not sure what I'm gonna do. Just need input.
A H.
on 1/9/12 4:03 am
Revision on 02/09/12
Not sure what your original surgery was but a lot of people revise to DS from RNY, Lap band, and VSG, even VBG. I am sure others will chime in here.  Wishing you luck!

Band (09/07) removed, revised to sleeve 2/9/12.

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/12 10:55 am
 I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I had a DS revision from an RNY back in 2008. I lost a fair amount of weight, but have gained back almost all I lost. My primary doctor suggested going back to my surgeon to see if there was something wrong etc.

I watch my carbs, drink my protein shakes. Avoid sweets, cakes and stuff like that. My only indugances have been chips. I've started to cut sugar out of my diet and upped my protein and water intake. It seems like no matter what I do, I continue to gain weight. Four pounds last month.

I recently had two total knee replacements, so for most of 2011, my ability to exercise has been limited. But I walk everyday now and am improving. 

I'm mainly looking for someone who has gained weight back after their DS. I know they are rare, but that's what I am facing. My surgeon once told me he could shorten my CC, so we'll see what happens when I se him next week.

I have tried low carbing, elimination, tracking my foods etc. No matter what I do, I will lose a few pounds, then stop and start gaining again. 

Just wondering if anyone has had these issues... 
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/12 11:19 pm
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/12 1:13 am
I did try that website first. Although I did get some quality advice from the majority of the members. I was berrated by a vet and told to basically stop whining. SO. I left. I have no need for such negative and caustic people.

Overall, there is good adivce there. But for one person. Thanks anyways.
clpeltz
on 1/10/12 1:32 am
Where did you post on the other site?  I can't seem to find you. 

You can't let ONE person drive you away from a resource that can be priceless to you.  Really, ONE person.  There are almost 1300 members of that site and growing.  Take what you want from the posts and leave the rest.  Don't take things so personal.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/12 1:39 am
beemerbeeper
on 1/10/12 2:36 am - AL
They have an ignore button over there now so you can use it and get the advice you need from all the other vets who are there.

~Becky

micheleshep
on 1/10/12 4:31 am
Revision on 04/30/12
Hi I wish you luck . I want to know what type of insurance do you have. I'm trying to get mine to do a revision and its a fight. I need to switch to your insurance
micheleshep
on 1/10/12 4:35 am
Revision on 04/30/12
Hey TaylorD. I'm going to Dr. Greenbaum also for a revision. I'm not finish my paperwork but hopefully by the end of january. What type if insurance do you have and if I need to appeal do Dr. Greenbaum office help you
Most Active