Who has been debanded and sleeved...

Shanelle S.
on 1/5/12 12:32 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 01/17/12
...at the same time?? Please share your experiance.  Did you have damage done by your band that wasn't seen until they go in?  Did you have problems that was known about before surgery? How long were you in surgery? Was your healing time longer? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Revision from LB Highest Weight 267 SW 248.9 CW 188.4 GW 175       

A H.
on 1/5/12 4:14 am
Revision on 02/09/12
I responded to your x post on the VSG forum.. but I am in process of getting surgery set up and I will let you know how it goes afterwards! I do not have erosion as of the last EGD so I should be able to get it done in one shot.
Hislady
on 1/5/12 10:43 am - Vancouver, WA
It seems to vary depending on the docs. Some automatically wait to let things heal. Others go ahead and do both at once. Yet others don't decide until they get inside and see what is in there. You can't always tell what damage has been done until they get the band off then there can be scar tissue underneath. So it's hard to give a concrete answer.
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 10:12 pm
the odds that this can be done in one surgery - is decent for you given your story (i've read).

however, like hislady mentions - you sometimes can't tell what damage is there till opened up.   SO much does not show up on tests.   

my healing time was longer than the original lapband, and i did fight fatigue for a while.
other than that, it's been somewhat of a breeze - - - outside having to realize HOW small my sleeve really is.   sometimes, my eyes are bigger than what i can really eat.    my dogs have been happy & are getting chunky :)

camietam
on 1/6/12 1:13 pm - Ceres , CA
Unfortunately yes to all questions. Read my Blog. I documented everything. 2 surgeries, EGD, upper GI, 13 days in the hospital and 12 days on a feeding tube. The band caused narrowing that we couldn't foresee. I had a lot of scar tissue and adhesions. The good new is I feel better and I can eat and drink. The feeding tube worked.
Camie

Most Active