new to board, I am eroded..need revision

neacres100
on 2/18/12 1:47 am - NJ
I can only tell you my experience....

I had an erroded band, loose tubing, infected port, fistulas, high fevers and ulcers.  The band to me, is an evil constricting foreign object that should NEVER be placed into the body.  Ok, now that I said that....

I was so sick with a major infection at the port site and the stomach.  The surgeon removed the band, and i was in the hospital for a week for post op.  The area where the port was, was left open because the infection was so bad and deep.  I had wound care 4 times a day...even with morphine, it was painful taking the packing out, and packing it back up.  I hope I never experience that ever again.  When I was released to go home, I still had an open wound, and had to have wound care at home.  I didn't go back to work for 4 weeks after surgery. 

The surgeon that performed the removal of the band, recommended to have a VSG done, but not until at least 6 months after my stomach healed, ulcers gone and after a endoscopy done to make sure I've healed up well inside and to make sure my stomach can handle the surgery.

Good luck to you. 

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
Most Active