New rto this board

bellacherie
on 12/29/11 11:06 am - Alanson, MI
Hello heres a little about myself, im 32, and ive just had a baby 9 months old.,  i was only 8 months out of my RNY when i had the baby,     Before the baby i was 242, then lost 104 pounds taking me down to 138 :) within the 8 months ......... Problems now, im 169 and climbing by the day ....... i want to revise my surgery before i regain all my weight, but my BMI right now is only at 31 and the  insurance wont cover it until 35 i believe,   im thinking i was to revise the RnY to DS,. not even sure if doctor Taylor at Barix where i got my RnY done does his but i do know Dr Pop does, also where i talked to Dr Taylor and explained my situation he was recommending the band and i dont want that, ok, so from what i have said before any suggestions about 1} MAINLY getting around the 35 BMI and not having to gain anothe 20some pounds beofore the surgery, also, 2} do you recommend this procedure, thanks
Ladytazz
on 12/29/11 11:59 am
The only way I know to get around the BMI requirements is if there is some kind of mechanical failure of your current surgery such as an enlarged stoma or other physical problems.  Has your surgeon done any tests to see why you are regaining?  Other then that your only option is to self pay.
As far as revising to a DS, there are only a handful of surgeons that are expert enough to do that revision safely.  I can be very dangerous if not done right.  Neither of the surgeons you mentioned seem to even be DS surgeons, much less revision surgeons.  Check out the DS forum here for more information on surgeons that do the RNY to DS revision.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

clpeltz
on 12/29/11 11:56 pm
Neither of those surgeons are Rny to DS revision surgeons. Nope. No way, no how. Ask at the DS forum for the names. There are only 5 or 6 in the US that are qualified to do that complicated surgery. You can also visit the board in my signature as that is where all the knowledgeable vets are now.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Pupcake !.
on 12/30/11 5:11 am - Stranded in, IA
Why don't you try to figure out why you are gaining?

Perhaps there is something mechanical that needs to be fixed, or perhaps you need to change your eating habits.  Check things out with your Dr.

If it is you eating habits having another surgery will not fix the problem.  Even the DS can be out-eaten.

Right now you are at a great place 169# you only need to lose about 20-25#.  Try changing your eating habits- 'cmon you just had a baby!

Good luck

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

Most Active