FEEDBACK NEEDED PLEASE

marian
on 12/29/11 12:27 am, edited 12/30/11 1:05 am - IL
Revision on 01/05/12
Hi everyone,
I had RNY 8 yrs ago. This past summer I was experiencing problems with burning,pressure,nausea and fullness right below my breast bone. I went thru a series of tests and everything came back normal. I was referred back to a bariatric surgeon to see if there can be a complication with my previous surgery. There dx was poss hernia. They don't know for sure until they go in and see whats wrong. They also think that my small bowel is coiling so it is sitting on top of my pouch, My surgery is sched for Jan 5th. I am super nervous. They might have to take apart and reattach if they can't get to the small bowel. I am also having a silastic ring put around my pouch due to stretching over the years. Has anyone ever had a silastic ring or what kind of complications if any did you have after a revision? I am FREAKING OUT. Thanks for all the feedback
Marian

mrdoores
on 1/2/12 10:26 am - Waldorf, MD
i am sorry I can't help you with any of your questions, but please let us know how everything turns out for you.  Iam praying you have an uneventful surgery and recovery and that all goes well for you.
Marianna

pandavenise
on 1/6/12 1:09 pm
 I really haven't heard good things about the ring. I heard it can erode through your stomach like the band. I had the band and revised to rny because everything would get stuck and I would throw up. My doctor didn't want to do the ring because of the damage the band had done to my stomach. You have probably had your surgery by now I just notice your surgery date so good luck with the ring

LosingSally
on 1/9/12 5:39 pm
Marion, how did it go? I wish you well!
Most Active