Sweet tooth

Sneeka D.
on 12/6/11 2:23 am - New York, NY
RNY on 02/13/12
(Cross-post)

So I am scheduled for a revision from a lap band to rny in February. I have had many complications with the band but managed to keep off a big chunk of the weight I lost. However, I never got to goal and I think my sweet tooth was a huge factor. I know that not everyone dumps and that the dumping syndrome may not last so it is not something one can count on to keep off the sweets.

So please, tell me, how has it been for you post-rny? Do you still crave sweets? What happens when you see candy or cookies? Do you want them? How have you replaced the pleasure you got from eating sweets?

I am very interested to hear everyone's experience!
Ladytazz
on 12/6/11 3:26 am
I am one who dumps but I had every intention of avoiding sugar anyway.  I found out I dumped when I accidentally  used regular syrup instead of the sugar free kind.
Anyway, I still love sweets and indulge every day only now it's the sugar free kind.  I also don't eat refined carbs and I am gluten free so that limits me somewhat but doesn't hold me back.  For Thanksgiving I made a gluten free, sugar free New York cheesecake and protein almond cookies.  I have 2 of those cookies every day.  I also like sugar free pudding and fudgecicles and other things I can find or make.  I have at least one treat a day, not including my protein drinks which I make either as shakes or frappe type coffee drinks or mocha type hot drinks.
For me it's all about portion control.  One piece of sugar free cheesecake isn't going to hurt me, it was when I ate the whole thing.  Because I feel that I am addicted to refined carbs such as sugar, when I eat those things I crave more, but when I have the sugar free varieties I am satisfied without the cravings.
I also enjoy eating things like fruits.  I don't deny myself the pleasure of eating to punish myself because I was fat.  As long as I focus on getting my protein in and planning out my meals I allow myself some treats so I don't feel deprived.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

camietam
on 12/6/11 11:57 am - Ceres , CA
1.My post op recovery has been very hard for me, but remember everybody different. You can read my blog.
2. Sweets- there is no craving for me right now. I do enjoy sugar free lifesavers for the flavor or crystal light. Today I went to my Chiropractor office and there was cookies. I had no desire because I know  I can not eat it or I will be in SO much pain. You can have a Popsicle.

Camie

Most Active