Revision to Prior RNY

ladylion2001
on 12/3/11 8:23 am - Baltimore, MD
Having a revision (RNY to RNY) to my previous 2004 surgery this week.  Excited and nervous...that is all for now.
LosingSally
on 12/3/11 6:25 pm
Just to menion it, did you look into the DS? While I have a RNY pouch, I have a short common channel, which help with weight loss, and keeps the weight off better than any other surgery.
A true DS, reworking both the stomach and intestines for more malabsorption may help much more than a RNY to RNY.
Can I be nosy and ask what happened with your first surgery?
ladylion2001
on 12/4/11 7:12 am - Baltimore, MD
Thanks for your feedback.  I'm confident with my decision.  Take care! :-)
Sharon C.
on 12/5/11 11:15 am - Plano, TX
Congrats!  I too had the same done last Feb and am very happy with my results.  I am now getting my Tummy Tuck with hernia repair on the 19th and cannot wait.  Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.  When are you having yours done?  Take care, Sharon
ebanks
on 12/5/11 6:38 am - Glen Daniel, WV
I'm having the same thing done on the 21st ... with a hernia repair.  Please let me know how yours goes...I'll be very interested what to expect!  Good luck and God bless!!!
ladylion2001
on 12/7/11 12:19 pm - Baltimore, MD
Thank you ladies for your responses.  Good to know I am in good company.  My surgery is in about 11 hours.  Excited and looking forward to OUTSTANDING results and a life change in the right direction.  Take care and continued blessings. Thanking God in advance for a successful surgery for you EBANKS on the 21st!
ebanks
on 12/8/11 12:18 pm - Glen Daniel, WV
I am VERY anxiously awaitingto see how things went for you! Praying you are feeling good today and the surgery went well.  Please keep me updated as soon as you feel like it! 
ladylion2001
on 12/11/11 4:09 am - Baltimore, MD

Hi E,

Everything is well. I had my surgery on Thursday and things went well.  Dr. anticpated four hour surgery (with scar tissue) and only ended up taking 2.5 hours.  Pain is present, but I think it was worse last time.  Only bummer is that I'm still in the hospital. Thought I was going home today, but Dr. didn't give the okay yet so I'm here.  I guess he just wants to make sure everything is going down okay.  Didn't get to have anything until two days after surgery.  Yesterday had my first "meal" of veggie broth, jello, water, apple juice.  Didn't get much of it down, but doing the best I can to sip sip sip.  So basically, I am fine just itching to go home.  Thank you for your prayers.  I can inbox you with more details if you'd like.  Send me a PM when you can.

ladylaulu
on 12/12/11 12:56 pm
Wow..so happy that everything went well!!.. You go girl and keep me posted.

LadyLaulu
Revision from RNY 11/03/2011

ladylion2001
on 12/15/11 10:42 am - Baltimore, MD
LADYYY!! Where are you girl?  What's the update with you?? About to check out your page. :-)
Most Active