how long will this take

pandavenise
on 11/28/11 9:18 pm
I haven't been on in a long time because it has been one hell of a ride. I had my surgery Oct 3 revise from lap to rny. I started out doiing really good for the first couple of weeks and was getting in all my protien and liquids. Then I became very ill with dry heaves and ended up in the ER. They found I had a abcess on the outside of my stomach inside my abdomon. Six days in the hospital on antibiotics went home for about a week and it started all over again. The dry heaves addmitted in again for a stricture  was in for a week again.. Home for a week and back again throwing up and couldn't stop. this time dehidrayted and was in for 6 days and sent home on tpn now. My issue is that I have now desire for food having a hard time getting anything down. Might has well put a pile of dog crap on my plate that is how good food is looking to me now. My tpn has about 1900 calories in it so I am not losing weight and in fact have put on about 5 pounds. Any suggestions on food or any Idea how long it takes to get to the point of having a desire to eat. 

shele
on 11/28/11 11:32 pm
I have no advice, just hope you get better soon!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

camietam
on 12/2/11 1:40 pm - Ceres , CA
I understand the hell you are feeling. I had the sleeve so I'm not sure what to advice. This is my story: I feel like I am in hell right now.

I am a band revision to the sleeve on Nov. 23. I was in the hospital for 5 days. I vomited for 4 days straight in the hospital. On the 4th day I was able to sip broth but still vomiting up clear foam and fluid. The 5th day I was discharge and spiting up foam. The foam spiting was there until day 8. I had my first post op visit and I lost 17lbs trust me right now I do not care about the weight, but how awful I feel. I am so emotional and this recovery has been extremely hard on me. When I had the lap band done it was a breeze. The doctor told me this is all to be expected. I was told I could try soup, applesauce, liquid yogurt, cream of wheat. I was looking forward to something more than clear liquids, but to be so disappointed. Thursday night I slowly had 1/3 cup soup...dumped it. Friday I had 1/3 cup applesauce everything was going fine it took me 3 hours to get it down, I took a small walk and dumped it. My esophagus is sore and burning. I am burping consistently which is good to relieve the pressure. My throat feels so tight. Does it get better? Has anyone experience my story?

Camie

pandavenise
on 12/3/11 1:06 am
 I am 60 days out and some days are good but I have no desire to eat.I am home on tpn and this is getting really old. I had a revision from ban also. I have several friends who had rny and just flew through the thing.  Not me I am very discouraged and spend most of my days crying everyone tells me it will get better but I am begining to wonder. Are you taking your nausa pills . They seem to help some what for me. I know if you don't get your water down that you will get dehyrated and really feel worse and won't be able to keep food down. Good luck and let me know how you are

Most Active