Food Aversions after Lap Band to RNY?

gineseam22484
on 11/24/11 6:54 pm - Auburn, MA
Hello!
My Lap Band to RNY revision was approved without any issues and I'm trying to get my mind right before my surgery on Jan 3rd.....

My biggest concern is that I 'eat around' my band. It doesn't matter how many times I chew steak, chicken, turkey, some vegetables like Broccoli, cauliflower or asparagus; I get stuck and usually have to throw it up. Most of the foods I ate before my Lap Band procedure don't sit well with me and I'm nervous that my food issues will continue after my revision....
Has anyone had any trouble with this?

I can't get a ticker RIGHT... So this is my Signature!!
Goal weight- 180
4/21/2007
272 5/15/2007
Down 25 Pounds since January 2007!!

Paula R.
on 11/24/11 10:44 pm - Portland, OR
I have an RNY right now and Ill be honest, there are times (even now...11 years later) where I will have to go throw up something because its either not agreed with me or it just doesnt feel like its sitting right.  Rice is notorious to me for triggering a need to order everyone out of the pool   It doesnt happen a lot, but it does happen.
My signature is in the witness protection program

TamaraL
on 11/25/11 9:14 am
I am lap band to RNY.  I am able to eat anything just smaller amounts.   Yes there are times when I may cook something and am not able to eat it or my stomach just don't like something but its different than the lap band.

With the lap band I would eat something and then it would come back up.  with the RNY i try to eat something and then don't want or it sets heavy in my RNY pouch.

The band and RNY eating are 2 totally different things

Tamara

shele
on 11/26/11 3:52 am

I had rny in 2004. I  still   have a lot of trouble with dense proteins.  Not a good combination with rny, as slider foods will allow you to eat more and not be satisfied as long.

It's never too late to do some more research!

I wish you the best!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Cheryl N.
on 11/26/11 7:26 am - Des Moines, WA
I'm a band to RNY person... and yes I have food aversions.... I didn't even like turkey on Thanksgiving, didn't really like food on the cruise I went a month out after my surgery, and most food I don't like much but I force myself to eat but I stick to what I can eat and like.  Lately I on a chicken drumette kick!

Good luck!  and good riddance to the band! 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

terilynn112
on 11/26/11 9:20 am - maryland, NY
I'm another band to rny revision. I love it. No food aversions. Yes I find some foods sit very heavy in my pouch, but that's not a bad thing. Usually high carby foods, like rice, or potatoes, or white bread. Shouldn't really be eating them anyway. I avoid what we were taught to be sliders with the band. Don't desire much in those lines. Learned very quickly I dump on many of them. That isn't a good feeling, but it sure is a lesson in what you want/need. I love my revision!

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Most Active