Help, after revision, still having cravings!

SamyM
on 11/20/11 3:28 pm
Just had RNY revision, now a smaller pouch. On fluids and realize my mind is still craving sweets, carbs. Anyone have experience with this? Will this change? I realize tht the ghrlin hormone was changed with the first RNY, but hoping the cravings go away! Am just a week out from surgery, but remember it was different before. Love to hear from someone that knows.

Thanks!
Ladytazz
on 11/21/11 6:09 am
The reason you are craving carbs is most likely because you are still eating them.  The only way I know to deal with carb addiction is to eliminate refined carbs such as sugar and flour and stick with complex carbs from vegetables and some fruits.  Whole grains such as whole wheat bread did the same thing to me.
I have gone sugar free and gluten free and I have no cravings whatsoever.  It may sound extreme but so is having two surgeries to lose weight only to remain obese.  Nothing changes if nothing changes.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

LosingSally
on 12/1/11 3:16 pm
Try keeping sweets and carbs out of the house. If you have to leave home to get them maybe it will be easier to say no. Don't take change or money to work, so you won't hit up the vending machine. Take the time needed to pack that lunch that you really enjoy, and that will also help with temptations.
I spent a lot of time finding recipes for dishes that tasted great, and were within my portion limit. Good tasting food always help with cravings, if you are limiting the carbs, and eat dense foods , it takes quite a long time to leave the pouch.
Just don't pu**** and eat large portions.
Another things is, if you only want unhealthy foods, then it's eating out of boredom, or habit, for comfort. Then is the time to recognize what head-hunger is. Real hunger can be satisfied with healthy food.
Best wishes.
Most Active