best revision for RNY?

ladylaulu
on 11/27/11 8:59 am

Check ouy my blog.. I had rny in 2004 and had a revision of the rny.. I didnt want to have to mess with my other anatamy that is still intact...

LadyLaulu
Revision from RNY 11/03/2011

bashful274
on 11/27/11 9:41 am - Perkasie, PA
 what dr did you use?? how much weight did you gain back/what reason for your revision? 
The journey never ends, it only chooses a new direction
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 10:12 pm - San Jose, CA
Exactly which parts of your anatomy are still "intact?"  Your stomach has been turned into a pouch, with all the attendant problems, and perhaps re-scarred by your revision; your pyloric valve has been defunctionalized, perhaps irretrievably; and your intestines were sliced and diced, and presumably reorganized with your revision, yet still not divided in the way that is most effective at fixing your metabolism.

The logic behind what you said completely escapes me.  If you had to have a revision, why would you stick with a surgery that failed you once already, and which has a poorer statistica track record than the DS, ESPECIALLY as a revisionary procedure?
mrdoores
on 11/28/11 1:35 am, edited 11/28/11 1:35 am - Waldorf, MD
Hi Diana Cox
I remember  reading once where you didn't recommend Dr. Elariny, could you tell me why.
Thanks
Marianna

the-sky-is-the-limit
on 11/28/11 5:35 am - CA
sorry for the stupid question, how does someone regain all their weight back? I just had RNY on 10/3/2011.
shele
on 11/28/11 11:41 pm

Easily.

I was very compliant with my surgery.  I did not touch a drop of sugar, soda, etc for 18 months.  I could not eat more than 1/4 of a say Applebees salad.  I also could not eat dense protein and sometimes I still cant, 7 yrs later. I lived on string cheese and whole wheat crackers, soups and salads.  I only got to with in 21 pounds of a normal bmi, I started re gaining at 17 months out.

My pouch is within normal size for my post op time period, but my stoma is wide open, allowing food to flow straight through. I eat, fill up quite quickly, but it doesnt stay very long.

Thats my story.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

the-sky-is-the-limit
on 11/29/11 4:29 am - CA
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I know understand how quickly one can regain.
bashful274
on 12/9/11 8:49 am - Perkasie, PA
 I think that's my problem. It just goes right through me, and I'm always hungry. Dense protein makes me sick no matter how I prepare it. 
The journey never ends, it only chooses a new direction
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/11 12:28 am - San Jose, CA
I don't care for his financial arrangements with regards to the DS - I have no major issues with his surgical skills.  I'm not sure whether he does RNY to DS revisions - I don't recall seeing any patients of his recently.
mrdoores
on 11/29/11 7:17 am - Waldorf, MD
I called his office yesterday and yes he does the revision RNY to DS.  He said they would discuss the fees when we had an appointment.  I was told the only complications for his patients were when they didn't comply to pre-op guidelines.  He has 0 mortality rate.  When I saw him 2 yrs ago, the fee was $2500.   I don't remember what that covered.  Thanks so much for replying so quickly.
Marianna

Most Active