best revision for RNY?

bashful274
on 11/19/11 9:32 am - Perkasie, PA
 I am really just starting this search so I don't know a lot. I was a lap RNY...
The journey never ends, it only chooses a new direction
heathercross
on 11/19/11 9:36 am - New York, NY
 Just research everything, thoroughly, and make an informed decision.  Please seek out the BEST doctor possible. When I was in your boat. a year ago andf researching my options, I researched the DS, a revision to a NEW RNY and a BOB.  Have you seen your surgeon?  Have you had a CT Scan of your abdomen? Have you had an Endoscopy?  You need to do all that to find out whats wrong. If your anatomy is intact, that it might be something you need to work on for yourself, ie. therapy, exercise, etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide.  The boards are great for info, but, be informed and don't be bullied!
(deactivated member)
on 11/19/11 10:11 am - San Jose, CA
Going from a surgery WITH a malabsorptive component (however ephemeral) to one with NO malabsorption?  Not gonna work.  You've already proved that modest malabsorption isn't sufficeint for you, and added further damage to your metabolism in the process.  You need MORE malabsorption, not less/none!
LosingSally
on 11/19/11 11:28 am
DS, but get an excellent revision surgeon.
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 8:45 pm
bashful274
on 11/24/11 9:43 am - Perkasie, PA
On November 22, 2011 at 4:45 AM Pacific Time, Seeking Healthy wrote:
DS hands down....   I was in the same boat as you.  look at dsfacts.com for more info.  and as others have noted choose a very qualifed revision surgeon who actually does the DS revision.  There are only a few. 
 How do you find one? I was browsing the boards, but it looks like the only qualified surgeon in PA isnt doing DS revision surgery for anyone under 150lbs... so where do I go from there? Call and make an appt to meet with them? 

and for those of you who had revision RNY to DS-how was surgery the second go round? 
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/11 11:57 pm
bashful274
on 11/26/11 12:04 am - Perkasie, PA
 Thanks, I will do that!
shele
on 11/26/11 3:48 am
There are some that say they do revisions, but only actually give you a distal rny (bad) Research all of your options, then find a qualified surgeon that does the surgery. If you go in any other order, you are asking for trouble. They will sell you what they do. Best of luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

micheleshep
on 11/29/11 7:27 am
Revision on 04/30/12
TRY Dr. David Greenbaum in Willingboro NJ he does revisions and I heard he's excellent
Most Active