Band to sleeve revisions-any BAD's?

Ms Shell
on 11/21/11 6:43 am - Hawthorne, CA
I remember a lady I believe her screen name was ~Sami~ and she was a revision in the initial phase she ONLY lost 40lbs right after her revision and it was like that I believe for like over a year, maybe 2 and suddenly she started losing again.  She hasn't been around in forever, but feel free to go through my friends and see if you can find her.

Other then her all I've seen are pretty glowing things...

MS Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

grdn_grl
on 11/22/11 2:17 am, edited 11/22/11 2:17 am
There are a LOT of us - lapband to VSG people!!! My VSG surgeon describes the lapband as "obstructive" as opposed to the VSG as truely restrictive. This sounds right to me as I had a terrible time eating with the band.  Although I regained the minimal weight I lost with the band after it's removal, I was soooo happy to have it out of me!!!

Good luck, I have my VSG on December 19!!!
camietam
on 11/29/11 3:38 pm - Ceres , CA
I will tell you my story. Remember everybody is different in the way you will react to the procedure after surgery. I had the Lap Band for almost 4 years and revise to the Sleeve 7 days ago. You need to mentally prepare yourself for the nausea. I don't know if everything I went through is normal. The doctor kept reassuring me it was. I was in the hospital for 5 days. I was npo for 3 days. I vomited old blood for 24 hrs, then vomited clear saliva and foams for the next 24-36 hrs. That is why I was npo for 3 days. Going into the 4th day I was able to sip broth, but the foam will still come up. Just keep spitting it. You will need to sleep in a reclining position when you get home. I am day 7 now the foaming has calmed down. I spit very little foam. My esophagus is tight and painful, but I was able to take the Prilosec pill with warm water. My intake of clear liquid has increased. Everyday since leaving the hospital I can see little improvement. I do not want to scare you but I want you to be prepared. You will get through it...I know because I am.
Camie

MARIA F.
on 11/29/11 4:08 pm - Athens, GA

LADIES PLEASE POST ON THE LAP-BAND FORUM ABOUT YOUR BAND COMPLICATIONS/FAILURES!!! When you all bypass the band forum and don't educate as to what the band can REALLY  be like...........then most of what all the pre-ops are reading are the happy, delusional band cheerleading stories. Don't you wish someone had told you BEFORE you got your band what the band was all about. Please..............PAY IT FORWARD!!! Prevent someone else from going through the same thing YOU went through with your band!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active