3 weeks after RNY revision

janiceandned2011
on 11/10/11 7:41 am - TX

My husband Ned, had a RNY by Dr. McCarty in June 2001 at age 60 and went from 402 lbs to 178 lbs....224 lb loss. I had a RNY by Dr. McCarty in Aug 2004 at age 52 lost 118 lbs down to 120 lbs. Our daughter Lisa had a RNY in 2005 and lost 77 lbs. I have been successful at reaching goal, and evening loosing additional weight since my surgery. Over the last year, however, Ned's weight began creeping up, along withthe return of other medical issues typical of an obese individual. With a quick test performed in his office, Dr. McCarty discovered that Ned's anastamosis had stretched out. Collaboratively, after investigating several types of revisions being done across the US, we decided that Ned would be in the best hands with Dr. McCarty performing a straight forward revision. Ned is quickly recovering , and looking forward to his second chance at a longer, even healthier extended life. He is 3 weeks out tomorrow after his revision. On Monday he had lost 23 lbs.  Today he is averaging walking 2 1/2 miles daily.

lottcynthia
on 11/10/11 8:07 am - TX

Hi Janice,  Great to hear from you.  Congratulations, Ned!  That is so awesome.  I, too, have gained some weight back and am happy to know of options available to return to healthy living.   Dr. McCarty is a brilliant surgeon, so I know Ned was well cared for.   Wishing Ned continued success in his weight loss journey. 

Most Active