Lapband to RNY revision questions

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 2:25 am
Revision on 04/17/12
1. How much have you lost and in what amount of time?

2. Are you happy that you chose RNY?

3. How long till I can take care of my kids after surgery?

4. What tests did you need to retake(if any) before your surgery?

5. What is the BIGGEST thing to YOU that makes RNY different than having the band?

Sorry for being a pain with all the questions...I just want as much info that I can get this time around...I want to do it right!  I feel like such a loser for not losing at all these past 3 years with the band so any bit of extra info helps. 
Hislady
on 11/9/11 11:59 am - Vancouver, WA

Please don't feel like a loser, there are so so many of us that have had no luck with our bands, it is a stupid surgery and a waste of time and money. I suggest you post this on the RNY forum they can probably give you all the answers you need. Good luck to you!

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 8:26 pm
Revision on 04/17/12
Thank you so much....I will post it there and see if I get any answers from them.  :)
jess0308
on 12/3/11 2:30 am - Blountsville, AL
I had my band in 2009, I did lose almost 70 lbs, but never reached my goal, and for over the past year no loss, and even managed to gain 10lbs back.  I revised to RNY on Mon. the 28th, I  was in the hosp. till Wed. and have been doing great, I have returned to mostly light house keeping and other activities, I just can't pick up anything over 10lbs, or pull and strain. I am a bit sore, but I also had my gallbladder removed and it has hurt the most. I have already averaged loosing 2lbs per day since coming home. I only had to do the nutrition class, and support group meeting, and labs.  I can already feel the difference in the way food goes down, I am on a soft diet, like protein shakes, soups, mashed potatoes, soft veggies. I do not feel the food like I did with the band, and I constantly had a twinge from my  port site, and now I actually feel normal again.  I hope everything goes good with your revision. I am stil not quiet a week out, but am already happier, I was miserable with the band. The full feeling is so much different, I ate a bit too much refried beans last night, and it was a heavy uncomfortable feeling, enough to make me realize my mistake, but not a painfull, regurgitating effect like with the band.
shele
on 12/4/11 3:40 am

Stats say the DS has the best LONG TERM results! Check out the ds board, and www.dsfacts.com

Good Luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Most Active