Please help-pleading with surgeon to revise band to bypass

kimbeerly
on 12/3/11 4:17 pm - TX
Hi, I know this is kind of late but...
I got a band in 2003 and at the time weighed 272. In 2008 I got the revision to RNY and at the time weighed 298. I found things that went through the band, i.e. Ice Cream.
I went to my original Dr and he said that if the bad didn't work neither would anything else, what a butt. So I went to another Dr and he said insurance wouldn't pay and unless I was self paying he couldn't help. So I went to another Dr. He was super nice and said no problem. I went for consult July and had surgery in October.
It was the best thing I ever did. By the way I am now 3 years out and still weigh 115.
My advise, get a different Dr.

Good Luck
Kim

auntbrat
on 12/6/11 11:14 am
Thank you to everyone for taking time to respond. I am working towards getting the RNY. My surgeon wants to do two separate surgeries because he said there's less chance of a leak if the stomach has had some time to heal after removing the band. My doc's office submitted the request to have the band removed and I just found out they denied it so now we are working on the appeal. So difficult! Thank you again for your responses. You've been very helpful.
Most Active