quick question....please......Did you have to......

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/11 1:08 am, edited 11/8/11 1:50 am
Revision on 04/17/12
Hi
I havent been here in SOOOOOOOOOOO long....but....
I had  the lapband  done about 3 years ago and lost NOTHING....UGH......I am going to talk to a new surgeon(not that I didnt LOVE my old one, but he only does Lapband) on the 22nd about having a revision to RNY.  Did you have to do all the pre tests all over again?....sleep test, nutritionist, psychologist, and whatever else there was?   If you did, what did you have to do.  Thank you! 
jess0308
on 11/8/11 7:38 am, edited 11/9/11 4:16 am - Blountsville, AL
Hi I am going from the band to RNY as well, and after my dr. submitted request to ins. two and a half weeks ago, I recieved approval from ins. last week, going to nutrition class in the a.m., support group next Sat. the 19th and having surgery on the 28th. That is all, for me. So maybe it will be that smooth for you.

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/11 8:24 pm
Revision on 04/17/12
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 4:37 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
I'm having to do darn near everything except the psych eval over again for my revision because it's not an emergency.  Had it been an emergency, it would have been scheduled after the endoscopy, upper GI and CT scan.

On the other hand, all the medical testing (such as the stress test and echogram with the cardiologist later this week) does increase the safety of the forthcoming surgery while the nutrition class and support groups serve as a refresher.
Patricia45
on 11/9/11 6:07 am - OK
Hi, welcome back.  Yes..everything again!!! What a pain.  If you are like me, I really didn't want to do that again, but the insurance requires it.

But...having my revision surgery on 11-14-11!  It's been a long wait, but I am really excited!  and yes, sleep test, nutriionist, psych - and they even have added some tests since my original surgery in 2002.  I thought I would never get done!

mjst220
on 11/9/11 8:33 am

I just have revsion to RNY on nov.2 and i did not have to do all those things over again. I did have to do bloodwork and see the dietician again. I was approved by insurance in 1 week and had the surgery 2 mo later. I also had my band 3 yrs and had virtually no weight loss.

jess0308
on 12/3/11 3:01 am - Blountsville, AL
I had my surgery on Mon. and like I said before all I had to do again was nutriton class, and support group. I am doing and feeling great, so I hope everything works in your favor, and God Bless.
Most Active