revision done

mjst220
on 11/6/11 10:14 am
Had my revision from band to rny wednesday came home friday.. I am a lot more sore than i thought i would be. Where the port was taken out= omg.... so sore. how long will this soreness last? I am getting in all my fluids and protein and walking as much as i can but boy my belly hurts and my back is so tense from overcompensating..any ideas to loosen up? i am stil on pain meds.
jrmfairbanks
on 11/6/11 9:19 pm - NC
I just had my RNY on Wednesday. It was not a revision, but where they had my drainage line is still the sorest part of everything. The drainage sight has just now started to not be so tender. It is still not 100% but it is getting there. Good Luck!

DonnaCrosland
on 11/6/11 11:18 pm - WA
wow you were lucky that you could do the revision and the revision surgery at the same time.  i had to wait 3 months after they took out my band to get my sleeve.  I agree with you though that the port area was the most sore.  I think it's because the port was attached to a muscle and there is some scar tissue as well.  It does get better.  I am 4 months out from the band removal, 1 month from the sleeve and the area is still tender but getting better every day!

Good luck to ya...one day at a time.

D
Most Active