Band removal/no revision

topaz11
on 11/1/11 8:30 am
Ok, I have been denied for revision.  Have an appeal pending. If denied again  I plan to just get the band out for now due to issues.   Anyone have any idea how long I may be out of work?  Is it like having it put in, or is it a  quicker recovery?

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 9:09 am - NJ
What was the reason for denial?

I had the band out and then the RNY a month later.  Removal was much better than installation.  It was not a big deal; the port area hurt the most, as it did when it was placed.

I was not working when I had it out, but I would say a couple of days.  How long were you out from having the band placed?
soulsister
on 11/1/11 9:22 am - NY
It's a piece of cake. I came home late afternoon and went to store in the evening. I could have returned to work the next day, i was given pain meds but didn't need them (and I am a baby when it comes to pain).
topaz11
on 11/2/11 1:44 am
Insurance is saying another 6 mts of diet and excercise. O well, I would have thought being under a surgeon care for 2 years, plus nutritionist and  many other type of appts would have confirmed my trying to loose the weight  plus have surgery to get  this band to start with.  Thats is ok though, I am going to make the best of it.  I will say though I have learned alot about carbs,drs. and INSURANCE and such. Thanks to all.

soulsister
on 11/2/11 2:19 am - NY
I understand your frustration. Insurance approved band removal but denied he sleeve after 3 denials. To say the least, i am mexico bound monday after having band out 3 months ago.
topaz11
on 11/2/11 7:24 am
Glad to hear it was easy for you> Best of wishes in Mexico.  I have a co-worker that had RNY done in Mexico. She is doing Great. She was denied by insurance also.

Trob1977
on 11/9/11 9:19 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 04/03/12

Will your insurance cover the band to be removed? Because i am going thru the same thing, I was denied thru Cigna HMO and i am in the appeal process, but if i am denied again i will than just have the band taken out by the end of the year. I have elected to have UHC for my health insurance for 2012. So i will then apply for the Sleeve and it should not be considered as a revision.

topaz11
on 11/10/11 11:43 pm
Yes, I immediately applied to just have the band removed and they have agreed.  Scheduled for Dec.  Since then, I have decided to appeal the revision,  just for the sake of trying, and  to see what happens.  If they say no again at least I gave it my all.  In the meantime I am going back to weigh****chers. I just felt I needed some personal contacts and support to keep me focused.  This board is great because you get to talk and share the personal experiences with weight loss surgery.  best of luck to you  

Most Active