revsion labpand to GB

Leigh1967
on 11/1/11 4:09 am
Lapband in 208, lost 70lbs, gained it all back after some issues and adjustments.  Since then, cannot lose.  Teneatively scheduled for revision to GB.  Anyone else done this?  Were you successful?  Would you do it again?
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/1/11 7:29 am
Were you successful losing the weight with the band before it had issues? If you were, then the sleeve might be a better choice. It is restriction only, like the band, but much better.

If you need the help of malabsorption, like the RNY, then you should look at the DS, which has the best weight loss, maintenance, and resolution of comorbiditeis of all the surgeries. It also avoids the problems of RNY like inability to take NSAIDs for pain, possibility of dumping, reactive hypoglycemia, and all the other issues that can result from having a remnant stomach and no pyloric valve. 

The only two surgeries I'd seriously consider are the sleeve and DS. 

Libby0218
on 11/2/11 2:26 am - TX
Although I'm only 9 days post-op, so far I can say YES I would do it again. I have not had any of the Lap Band issues such as throwing up since my revision. That's 9 days I've gone without throwing up! I couldn't say that with the Lap Band! I'm thrilled with how I feel right now and although it is work, I'd absolutely do it again.

micheleshep
on 11/2/11 12:25 pm
Revision on 04/30/12
Hi I'm in the process of a revision what longd of insurance do you have I have anthem bcbs I wonder will they approve it. Good luck with your revision
Most Active