Please click here * I HealthFirst/Medicaid NY * I need all of you.

CandySandy
on 10/29/11 2:58 am - DontBaDyck, NY
My name is Sandrina . I'm from NYC. I'm 27 and I have had rny in the past in 2006 and was 310 got down to 171 now I'm 265 and am looking for a revision. I live in NY. My first Dr. ( Goodman) who performed my first surgery won't do a revision. I have diabetes, High blood presure and high cholesterol. I'm immobile due to a prolonged back injury and the weight is going up and up. I am constantly hungry and can never get full. Dr goodman had me come in and go through  the whole rigamarole (sp) endoscopy, bloodwork, breathing test...ect just to tell me what he wasn't going to do in the first place EVEN THOUGH everything came out perfect even my labs.( I'm meticulous about my vitamins.) I just don't undertsnad why he would do that. Maybe a revision is just out of his comfort zone? Now, Im looking for a DR who will accpet my insurance. I know ppl read these kinds of post but never respond but I'm begging you, if anyone knows ANYTHING abou a DR in NY who DOES revisions e.g D/S AND accepts medicaid of ANY kind please help me. I joined here because honestly, I lurked for a while and got the courage to sign up and post. I thought someone would be kind ebough to share any info they might have. Thanks you ANYTHING you can do or tell me. Thanks for reading and just because you did, I hope you have the best day ever! Bless you! BTW, I will travel anywhere in the 5 boroughs my revision. E m a i l  me if you want a private convo:          sxymanb8 @ gmail dot com. Thanks will all my heart.
teachmid
on 10/29/11 12:08 pm - OKC, OK
Check out the list of vetted surgeons at DSFacts.com. A RNY to DS revision is very complicated surgery and there are only a handful of surgeons in the country who do them. One is Dr. Roslin there in your area I believe, The others include Drs. Rabkin and Keshishian in CA, Dr. Gagner in Canada, and possibly Dr. Buchwald in Minnesota.

If you are interested in the DS, I invite you over to the DS board. There are quite a few of us who had RNY to DS revisions.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

CandySandy
on 10/30/11 2:32 am - DontBaDyck, NY
 Thank you soooo much for your reply. I guess the others just couldnt help me. But I thank you. So should I just copy and past my origonal post here  to there?
superstardiva
on 11/1/11 10:01 am - New York, NY
Dr Roslen at Lenox Hill Hospital on 77th st Lexington Ave takes medicaid  but Hip medicaid.  If you could you should call medicaid and switch to Hip medicaid!
jamaira74
on 7/21/14 2:41 pm - brooklyn, NY

I live in Brooklyn NY. I am looking for a Dr. Who accepts medicaid or health first for a lap band. My bmi is 40.1 I need help. Does someone know where I can go?

jamaira74
on 7/21/14 2:42 pm - brooklyn, NY

Where can I find the D's board?

Misstee1972
on 7/21/14 3:15 pm

Hello my name is Tina i live in Rochester N.Y.I had a gastric bypass done in 1995 and was doing great till now. I got in 2car acciddents and my bsck id ruiined and i have lost my left leg from it all from the worst siatic nerve problem anyone can have. My whole leg is numb. It feels like im getting stabbed.needles burning. U name it. Oh by the way im so sorry if im spelling some of this wrong i even have spell check im doing this blinded i cant see its blocked for somr reason im so sorry  ;)    anyways i gained so much weight i was 125 lbs a year ago and most my time no more than 140 but at this weight bout 5 years. Then this. But anyways im trying to go for the revising im so hoping it works. And what i was gonna tell you is i have medicaid and medicare and yes they take care of it. I am going to Rochester General hospital but thats not the only one there is also Highland hospital that does it as well medicaid   so hope to hear from you and good luck.  Tina

Misstee1972
on 7/21/14 3:26 pm

Im sorry I also forgot to tell u my normal weight for the past five years was 125 but then before that it was always 140lbs and no more and now I am 200 lbs. That's crazy to me. I also gained it all really fast in less than a year and im still gaining . I wish u good luck but yes Rochester N.Y those 2 hospitals takes medicaid Rochester General and Highland Hospital. 

Most Active