My Revision Surgery Went Well

Libby0218
on 10/26/11 11:36 pm - TX
Good Morning Friends,

I just wanted to give you a report on how things went. The surgeon removed the LapBand, removed my gallbladder, and did the bypass. The next day after the surgery was rough but I still managed to get my walking in and rested a great deal.

I came home yesterday (Wednesday) and this morning is going well. I've already walked this morning and am sipping my protein drink.

Because of the revision I will be on clear liquids for three weeks. My surgeon wants to give plenty of time for the stomach to heal-since the LapBand had grown into the stomach and liver, he wants me to take things a bit slower than I'd read and anticipated.

Thank you all for the kind messages and the wonderful prayers that were said for me!

I appreciate you all so much!

Hislady
on 10/27/11 1:24 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hooray the death of another lap band!!! Take it nice and slow sounds like you are doing great.
Annette O.
on 10/29/11 8:42 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
Glad to hear your surgery went well and your home and on the mend. Three weeks of clear liquids?? but your drinking a protein drink,? I don't know what kind of protein drinks are clear,
maybe special K?
  Best of luck to you, I revised from the band in Sept. and had a 4 hour surgery so I know how
sore you probably are. Take it easy on yourself and take your pain meds if you need them.
Annette O
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/11 8:58 am
something i've been sipping on the last few days (now on full liquids) is G performance (gatorade) protein recovery.

it's not the perfect protein drink - but i have found it very satisfying & refreshing.
1 bottle (2 servings) is 120 calories / 16g protein / 4g carbs.

congrats on your revision !!!
Barb H.
on 10/29/11 4:54 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
so glad you are doing well!  i'm following everyone here who has had revision as I'm in the process of getting approved to revise from the band to (probably) to RNY.  I don't expect it to be a picnic but am looking forward to being further down this path.  keep us all posted!
Replacing Emoji...
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Most Active