Medicare and Revision questions

kkharriss
on 10/28/11 9:28 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 01/11/12
Thank you so much for responding so kindly, I was really upset about the funeral part, it is probably because my husband passed away unexpectedly and I am very touchy about it. 

You are right, I haven't seen any of his patients post on here either, and believe me I have been looking.

I am just hoping to be able to get in to see him, first and foremost. So far I have only talked with Jamie and the insurance advocate.  I am just at the begining stage with his office. 

Again I do appreciate the concern.  I am going to continue posting on this website, it has change my outlook of WLS.  I was just going to go along with what the Drs were saying I should do (RNY) I now know that is only a band aid to my problem.  The DS sounds like salvation to me.

Thank you again,
Kelley
pandavenise
on 10/26/11 3:01 pm
 I am not sure why they are telling you that because I just had a revision from lapband to RNY Oct 3 and I have Meidcare. I did have to sign a paper that if medicare didn't pay I would have to . My doctor didn't have any hesitation on doing my revision. I would find another DR. I looked into ds but the doctor that would take medicare wanted 4000.00 for the difference and being how I am on medicare medical I told him I couldn't do the 4000.00 so I went with the RNY.

kkharriss
on 10/26/11 3:15 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 01/11/12
That is a good idea about signing something that says I will pay it, if Medicare doesn't.  I don't want the RNY, for me it isn't the right choice.   I hope it works for you.  Thank you for the idea.  I am just hoping this all works out.

Kelley
jemma28
on 11/2/11 9:32 am - Houston, TX
The Medicare/TEXAS problem is because of the company than handles paying the claims (TrailBlazer).  That company has its own set of rules and refuses to pay for  revisions even though MEDICARE covers them.  So I have yet to find a dr that will take me on as a patient.  They all say the same thing...Medicare (TrailBlazer) won't pay and since there is no preauthorization, they will not take the risk of doing surgery and not getting compensated.  I have been to at least ten bariatric surgeons to find help...and my problem is a mechanical malfunction, not a refusal to follow wls rules.  I have an appt tomorrow with a surgeon and I will let you know how it goes.  Fingers crossed that he will take me on.  I'm desperate!
Jill

kkharriss
on 11/2/11 10:25 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 01/11/12

My fingers are crossed for you.  Who is the Dr. you are going to see tomorrow?  I have one in San Antonio who says that if we get a preauth they will do the surgery, but it is a bypass and I DO NOT want that.   This Dr. sent a letter of Medical Necessity.  They just submitted this week, I am just curious to see if they give a preauth. 

Thanks for the info, I'm glad I am not the only one having this issue.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Good Luck with the other Dr.

Kelley

Most Active