HELP!!! Has anyone had Roux-en-y then got a revision??

ladylaulu
on 10/18/11 11:21 pm
Has anyone who had the roux-en-y ever went back for a revision after gaining weight??  I had my original bypass in 2003, and gained weight back... I was approved for a revision and I am soooo scared of complications and even death.. Please can anyone help me who has been there and had the revision... PLEASE!!!
clpeltz
on 10/19/11 12:35 am
I had a RNY to DS revision in April of this year.  I had gained back much of what I had lost with the RNY.  I was having hypoglycemic issues and food intolerance issues with the RNY.  The most important thing is to find a vetted revision surgeon.  What are you looking to revise to?  Who is your surgeon?

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

ladylaulu
on 10/19/11 11:47 am
I had the ry in 2004.. My highest was 342.. Then I went down to my lowest at around 240.. in 2008 I had baby #3.. Now I am at around 270.. I never really made it to my goal weight of 190pds.. My Dr name is Shyam Dahiya.. I just dont know what surgery is the safest, and most effective.. I am confused and scared..
clpeltz
on 10/19/11 12:02 pm
The DS is the most effective.  This has been proven by science.  It is the most effective in taking weight off and, most importantly, keeping it off long term.  It is the most complicated of the revisions.  Please visit dsfacts.com to learn all you can about the DS and what the lifestyle would entail.  Also, post over on the DS forum.  There are lots of wonderful ladies that can answer questions you have.  The Dr you have would NOT be able to do a Rny to DS revision.  They are only a handful of them in the US.  Where are you from?  There is a surgeon in NJ, IL, OH, MN and a couple in CA.  If you go over on the DS forum you can get all the names there.  I can never remember them all.  I went to Dr. Henry Buchwald in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  I was very lucky to have a vetted RNY to DS revision surgeon in my backyard.  A lot have had to travel.  Don't be afraid to ask questions.

I know that you are confused and scared...completely normal.  A revision is nothing to bat your eyes at and everything to be cautious about.  Make sure that you do all of your research.  Good luck on your journey.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Most Active