Anyone had good results from lap-band with plication?

homeinraleigh
on 10/17/11 5:57 am
Hi,

Has anyone had a lap-band revision to Lab-Band with plication?  I was wondering if anyone has had any success with this procedure.  I know that it's pretty new.  My doctor suggested it to me but I'm opting to go with revision to RNY but I'm curious to know how much success people have had with the Lap-Band with plication.

Thanks!
Ladytazz
on 10/17/11 8:28 am
Color me confused but I have never heard of this.  Why do 2 different WLS together?  I could see if you had the plication and he wanted to put a lap band over it for weight gain but to do both right off the bat?  What was his reasoning?  Does he not thing the plication would do the trick alone?  If so, why bother?  What about just having the sleeve done?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Hislady
on 10/17/11 8:55 am - Vancouver, WA
I don't think there is much in the way of info on this because it is so new, myself I wouldn't want the plication at all, but that's just me and my thinking. I really think it will be a few years before there is any actual results from this new attempt at WLS.
airbender
on 10/17/11 1:11 pm
out of the wls out there (gastric banding, RNY, VSG, DS, plication), plication is the newest.  2 surgeons in the US were involved in the clinical trials, Utah and Florida, which was going on 2 years ago.  to my knowledge it is either or, most plications are revisions from gastric banding (Cottam, MD) but I have never heard of doing both together, actually that concept doesn't make sense to me.  good luck on your search
USAF Wife
on 10/17/11 9:59 pm
I haven't seen many posts regarding the band with the plication, but I"ve seen the complications and lack of weight loss have several patients posting on here and plicationtalk.com seeking revisions to the VSG or RNY because of the lack of restriction, and or slow weight loss that was promised as the "sleeve killer" when it first hit the market. A couple of the Mexico surgeons quit pushing it because of the insufficient results, Dr. Watkins stopped performing it for a time due to complications with the pleating of the tissue, and sutures coming lose or perforations.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Band to DS
on 10/19/11 2:38 am, edited 2/3/12 11:13 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active