Hair Loss with revision

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 1:06 am - Odenton, MD

Did anyone experience hair loss with their revision?  I know I lost quite a bit when I had my first surgery done. Just wondering if I will go through the same thing again.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 2:18 am - NJ
For me, the hair loss is a side effect of the anesthesia, it's happened every time I have had a surgery, and can start as soon as a couple of weeks or a couple of months, and it does grow back. 

So the answer to your question is yes,  you probably will experience some degree of hair loss after surgery.

Sexyvt123
on 10/17/11 3:35 am
Sad to say but it will happen with each time you have a big surgery like WLS.  Its just part of the whole process.  I was just revised  a month ago and my hair has not started falling out yet but I expect it will.  The only difference from now and my other surgery is that im natural now so I have my hair in protective styles which should help a little.

Frankie
on 10/17/11 5:04 am - NY
I had my revision 3 weeks ago and my hair has started shedding.  My hair stylist says its the anesthesia getting out of your body.  She conditioned my hair and trimmed it.  I've been taking my vitamins and so far so good.

Frankie

airbender
on 10/17/11 1:18 pm
yes, primary and revision, both, but more with my primary...really nothing you  can do, except keep nutritionally sound....
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 9:20 pm - Odenton, MD
Thank you all for the feedback. My revision is scheduled for Dec. 7th. I pray that all will go well.
teachmid
on 10/17/11 10:28 pm - OKC, OK
Good luck on your revision.

I lost a ton of hair after my RNY and expected the same after my revision, but did not have any noticeable loss. Boy, was I surprised, but no complaints.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active