Band to What?

DonnaCrosland
on 10/16/11 1:14 pm - WA
so I did a revision from the lapband to the sleeve about 2 weeks ago.  First - let me say that the band worked for me for almost 8 years...and I lost 170 lbs.  Over the last year - the band stopped working - we didn't know exactly why - but I gained about 50 lbs back.  I am down 24 lbs now - some from the pre-surgery and alot from the 2 weeks after.  Loving the sleeve so far.

But it was interesting someone else just posted about her band impacting her liver - mine did too.  I had no idea - but when they went to do the revision they had to just remove the band and I had to wait 3 months for the sleeve.  When they got in to do the revision it was 4 hours - they had to remove so much scar tissue - it had impacted the liver...what a mess. 

I am starting to hear from many of my banded friends that the band is starting to fail in about 5-8 years...we sure weren't expecting that - but at least there are some good options for revisions.

Hang in there - I was scared about the sleeve - losing so much of my stomach - but trust me so far I don't even know it's gone!!!

Donna
Most Active