DRY EYES...

Caryn W.
on 10/11/11 7:45 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I am currently 5 weeks out from surgery and for the past two days my eyes have been extremely dry...and very blurry.  I am curious as to if anyone else has had this issue...not sure what the deal is...but i feel unsafe driving...as i really have to focus.

I guess I should go make an appt with my eye doctor...I was thinking it could be due to my blood sugar...as ever since this surgery my blood sugar is out of control. I was NOT a diabetic prior to surgery...but now, almost anything other than vegetables or fruit causes my sugar to sky-rocket.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Caryn
Hislady
on 10/12/11 9:15 am - Vancouver, WA
I would for sure check with your doc to make sure what's going on. I think I've read where sometimes anesthesia can cause a dry eye problem but that would be right after surgery, so it's always best to check with the professionals!
plp1988
on 10/25/11 12:51 pm
I am almost 7 weeks post op and about  2 weeks ago my eyes felt like something was in them and blurry. I went to the eye Dr and at  first  she thought it was from the anesthesia, but because I was like 5 weeks out she said it would have happen right after the surgery. So after my examine she told me my ducts where dry and now I have these drops to put in at bed time  for 6 weeks.  They do feel better and they are clear.
Most Active