Wanting Revision from Realize Band to Sleeve?!?!

Chelle2380
on 10/11/11 9:29 am - TX
I have read some peoples take on this subject and would just like to hear from the vets what your thoughts are?  My husband feels since I failed the band why wouldn't I fail the sleeve and in the back of my mind I feel the same?  Any advise would be great!  Thanks!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 9:47 am, edited 10/11/11 9:48 am
you could have your husband call mine - we're S of FTW :)

after my band was removed several wks ago - my husband was against a revision.
told me that he just wanted an expert - best in TX.    so we met w/dr stewart in denton & my husband LOVED him - so much so we went out of network & will be self pay with him on the 26th for the sleeve.

get out of your head & your husband's that you failed the band.
have him read some of the stories here or on pumpkin's failed band board.

good luck to you!!

Hislady
on 10/12/11 9:12 am - Vancouver, WA
You did NOT fail your band so get that out of your head right now! The band is the most useless piece of garbage I've ever come across. Read on the failed lap band forum, there are hundreds of people just on this website who have had no help with the band. Myself I lost all of 20 lbs in my 4 years with the band. I'll admit the last couple of years I haven't even tried much. I lost that 20 lbs the first 6 months and that was it! I followed every rule and worked the hardest ever but it just did nothing. I never had good restriction, it was either too tight or too loose, then about a year ago it just kept tightening and tightening so I finally had it emptied. I still have a tiny bit of restriction that helps a little. The biggest lie was that it would take away hunger, balderdash, I never had one day that I wasn't still starving all day long! So don't you blame yourself for failing! The band is not what it was portrayed to be for many of us. The sleeve works better because there is no "other" stomach for the food to go into, you only have a certain amount of room and that's it so you can't even think about cheating as easily as you can with the band. You can still eat around the sleeve but your tummy space is very limited so it is less likely. Besides you will probably be more likely really woringk at it because you will actually see the pounds coming off. I know myself I got sooooo frustrated working my butt off and starving but not losing with the band. Read over on the sleeve forum for awhile there are lots and lots of band to sleevers there and most say the same thing, that it is a totally different feeling and works so much better than the band. I'm hoping in the future to be able to revise to the sleeve myself.  We were duped and cheated with the band and it's not our fault!!!!
Chelle2380
on 10/13/11 10:33 am - TX
Thank you both so much for your responses!!  I really need support right now so I really appreciate it!!!

Most Active