Revsion and slow weight loss

Shawna
on 10/12/11 4:37 am - Irving, TX
I had my revision done back on July 16th. I am right at about three months out and am down almost 50 pounds. I thought that this was good. Everyone else around me seems to think that I am not loosing enough. I have always heard that the weight doesn't come off as fast initally with a revision like it does with the initial surgery so I wasn't worried.

My doctor doesn't seem concerned with the slow weight loss so should I be?

Shawna
Caryn W.
on 10/12/11 4:57 am - Las Vegas, NV
Shawna, 
  Everyone looses weight differently. I just had the revision i am 5 weeks out..not sure what my total weight loss is...as i was advised NOT to weigh everyday or even weekly. I also heard that revisions do not lose weight as fast as first timers. I think 50 pounds is GREAT for 3 months...i mean, would you ever be able to lose that much on your own? I would NEVER!!!
  The bigger the person the faster the weight comes off also...i think.
Stick with it...you are doing fantastic!!!
Caryn
randy S.
on 10/12/11 7:27 am - brooklyn, NY
Are u kidding that is amazing!! Ur doing awesome. What revison? Rny to ds?
Shawna
on 10/12/11 11:13 am - Irving, TX
 I had a revision from my original RNY to another RNY. This doctor corrected what was not done by my initial doc.
sandy_mt
on 10/12/11 7:27 am
 I am 3 months out from a RNY to DS revision and I've also lost about the same-51 pounds since day of surgery.  Weight loss is definitely slower with a revision.  Whether 50 pounds is a lot or not really depends on your starting weight.  I was 289 day of surgery so I will probably be a little further along than someone who started at 230, but percentage of loss might be the same.  Does that make sense?  I'm losing slowly but steadily and as long as the scale keeps moving in the decreasing direction, I'm happy!  More than anything I am seeing the results and so do a lot of other people.  You're doing great girl!  Keep up the good work!

Sandy

Holly O.
on 10/12/11 8:13 am - FL
Your doing great!!  I had a revision almost 4 months ago from the lapband (I had it 5 years) and did a revision to the RNY.  I am down almost 60 lbs. in 4 months!!  In my book that isn't slow.......I started at 248 lbs. and now weigh 190 lbs.  I am so happy............try really hard not to compare yourself with anyone else...........we all have our own inner timer!!!  Keep up the good work!!!
   Holly                                      
Hislady
on 10/12/11 9:25 am - Vancouver, WA
Turn a deaf ear on the naysayers! Just listen to your doc and yourself, no one else gets a vote!
SharByTheSea
on 10/19/11 3:57 am
WOW...you are all doing great!  Had my revision from Band/RNY almost 6 months ago and have lost 45lbs.....I feel great, finally got passed the nausea stage the first 3 months.  I try not to compare myself to others who have lost a 100 lbs in 6 months....am just grateful to be rid of the Band and in better health.
Wishing you all continued success on this journey.

SharByTheSea

LapBand: 10/2004
RealizeBand: 02/2009
Revision: LapBand/RNY 04/26/2011
Most Active