Staples, Stiches or Steri Strips?

Annette O.
on 10/10/11 1:59 am, edited 10/10/11 4:08 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
When I had my lap band done, I had 7 holes but all had Steri Strips. I used Mederma and
had very small scars. This time for my RNY I have 5 holes and the surgeon used staples.
Two of my insicions look sort of nasty it's like I have dents in my side, anyway, it's not that
I have plans to wear a bikini, but just wondering what kind of results others have had with
staples? I also had a knee surgery that was closed with sutures that healed nicely.

If you do have bad scars remember this: Scars are like tatoos only with better stories!
Annette O
airbender
on 10/10/11 7:05 am
geesh, why would anyone use staples for that, I don't think staples should ever be used unless you are running out of time and the patient is not doing well, obvioulsy not your case.  My dad had staples on his forearm, cardiac bypass ran out of time, (open heart , 5 bypasses, forearm harvesting and medial thigh harvesting) in that case I agree.  You will be fine healing I just didnt see a reason to do that......heal well
Annette O.
on 10/10/11 8:09 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
While I questioned in my head, I just forgot to ask the surgeon why. There were other more pressing questions. I do know that my surgery took 4 hours, perhaps that had something to do with it.
Annette O
Caryn W.
on 10/10/11 12:08 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Staples...wow. For my lapband I had disolvable stitches...but for my RNY i had derma-bond. The derma-bond wasn't even covered with steri strips...i was like...wow, this glue **** is gonna last long enough for these to heal...OK! haha...needless to say they did.
plp1988
on 10/12/11 12:30 pm
I had derma-bond also,  one came off before I went to my first appointment, but my doctor was not concern he just said to put neosporin and a band aid, and in a couple days it was healed just like the rest. Never heard of them using staples for this.
alaja957
on 10/14/11 4:51 am
I has staples for my RNY and 5 incisions.  They have healed nicely and are almost unnoticeable. 

6/12/12 RNY to DS revision with Dr.Roslin

Most Active