Undoing the gastric bypss

NotWhatSheSeems
on 10/10/11 7:34 am
I have been fighting an ulcer for 2 years now, practically within days of having my rny bypass.  Dr. Mann has tried every medication know to man, the ulcer kept growing.  I am in constant pain, waking up several times a night with sharp electrical burn on the left side of my chest area, right up under my ribcage.  It goes from a pain level of 2 all the way to 10, and I've had five children---that is a true 10, folks.  Dr. Mann has me sceduled for surgery on Oct. 20 to undo my gastric bypass, and removing the fist size ulcer.  I hate hate hate my life right now.  I feel like such a failure.  Dr. Mann can give me no explainations.  I have a Picc Line in, feeding by tube as I cannot eat my mouth without throwing up vilolently.  Dr. Mann belives I am contricted due to scar tissue.

I'm so scared....so so scared.  I've lost 163 pounds, working really hard....what if I gain it all back?  I'm scared because he thinks he's going to have to open me up vertically because of the massive amount of scare tissue I have--4 c sections and a complete hystorectomy will do that to you.  Please, please---has anyone gone through this?    I'm hooked up to a PICC line for a feeding tube, and I am so embarrassed by that.  I feel like I've let everyone down.  I want to get my old life back, having the energy to play with my children and grandchildren, and right now, I'm beat down with a severe case of bronchitis.  I've got to get my life back.  Dr. Mann sees no other options.  I've lost my job because I was passing out at work at 110 pounds.  I was dizzy all the time, and very weak.

Please, folks, pray of me.  I humbly beg.  You were all so kind to me when I was leading up to my surgery 2 years ago.  You are the best, always surported.

I feel like I have failed.
Dawn

"I am patient.  I will be patient.  I am patience itself."-Laura Antoniou

Ladytazz
on 10/10/11 7:52 am
You are in my prayers.  I am so sorry you have to go through this.  I hope this solves all your problems and you can get your health back.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Annette O.
on 10/10/11 8:16 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
Wow I don't know what to say. I feel so bad for what your going through and are about to
go through. My thoughts are with you as you go through this process. I hope it works for
you.
Annette O
Hislady
on 10/10/11 9:22 am - Vancouver, WA
First and formost you are NOT a failure!!! Sometimes life just kicks us in the rear. Once you have recovered from this you may still be able to get another WLS to help you maintain your weight loss. I understand it must be miserable the way you are now but once you get that blasted ulcer out it should help immensly. I am praying that the Lord will bless you with a speedy and complete recovery and that you will very soon be able to get your old life back! God bless you and hang on!
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 11:32 am, edited 10/9/11 11:32 pm
YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!!!!!

You have let no one down, your surgery let you down. Is your surgeon just putting the stomach back together or is he also reversing the intestinal portion?

Swinging all available critters for your health and well-being!
juicybooty2008
on 10/17/11 11:08 pm
Hi. I am very sorry your going through this. I want you to no that your message is the closest i have come across to my problems. Ive had an ulcer since Nov 24, 2010 and i had the rny April 22, 2010. I'm at 134pds. i to don't feel well. I've been told by my doc team when i have pains to go a 3 day clear liquid diet or I'm going to have diarrhea up to 2yrs cuz i had my gallbladder removed. no explains to me why i keep continuing to loose weight or why i have pains. i just had a colonoscopy and my 5th endoscope and i have 2 ulcers now. i have not exercised but maybe 2x since my surgery and the weight just keeps falling off. i don't feel well majority of the times and i don't no what to do. i eat all the time hoping to gain weight back. the more i loose the worse i feel. in 5 1/2 month i lost 90pds. since the surgery I've had 2 kidney stone operations, gallbladder removed, 5 endoscopes and a colonoscopy. That's all I can remember as of right now. I get dizzy a lot, I'm hot then cold, nauseated majority of the time, cant sleep, throw up cuz the food just sits in my throat, and i pretty much tired a lot. I had the test to see if i was going through menopause but that came out normal. I am now getting iron transfusions cuz the iron pills weren't working. I wish i never would have gotten this surgery. I don't no if i should get this reversed or not. Seem like the people who have gotten this reversed is cuz they didn't loose the weight. I'm confuses by this. Can you help me out? and by you getting this reversed how is this helping you?
Most Active