home from surgery

pandavenise
on 10/7/11 2:36 am
 Thanks everyone for your support. I had my surgery Oct 3rd and came home on the 6th. Things went real well. My surgery lasted longer than planned because I had so much scare tissure around the band. I fell great and am just working on getting all my liquids in. 
plp1988
on 10/7/11 2:46 am
Glad to hear you are home and feeling good, yes getting all that liquid in is hard. I still have trouble some days are good and then others I am just can not drink,  My surgery was Sept 8, 2011.  Just keep it up one day at a time.
Toy T.
on 10/7/11 7:27 am
DS on 02/22/12
Welcome Home. Hope the liquids agree with you. 
paulrap
on 10/10/11 10:51 pm
Congrats and I hope your recovery continues to be smooth! You were right behind me as I revised from Band to RNY on 9/26. I feel wonderful. Keep us posted.

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Deb3683
on 10/12/11 9:50 pm
I had my revision on 9/12/11.  VBG to Bypass......Glad to hear that you are doing well.

I cant tolerate very much of anything....Drinking or Eating  and i do mean very slow and hardly nothing in my mouth.....I get this painful "airbubble" and then the reflux.  Have only lost 5 lbs.
Don't have any pain and feel pretty good.  I hardly have an appetite.  some nausea, no constipation or diarrhea. 

Have Called my doctor and he is not concerned.  Taking otc protonix and zantac.  Does not help.

Any suggestions?
pandavenise
on 10/13/11 1:17 am
 I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. The first day I came home I used a plastic medicine cup to measure out a ounce of water and drank that every 5 minutes. That helped me know how much I was drinking so I wasn't getting to much in my pouch because it holds about and ounce. I kept a container of ice water and even if I took just enough to wet my mouth that is what I did. I also bought some peppermint decaf herb tea and sipped on that. I had to pay attention that I wasn't gluping in water and air. When I went to bed I took a container of water and if I woke up I would take a sip. I also caught myself kind of taking in short breaths during that first day while I was sitting watching tv and taking in air. I think that was a little of anxiety at first but that has passed. You will lose. I lost 10 pounds at my post op visit at one week and haven't lost any since. I used to get on the scale everyday before my surgery but don't seem to have the need to to that anymore. I am doing that once a week for it would drive me carzy. I started with baby food the first day for my purred stage. I bought turkey and gravey and chicken and I have to say they weren't too bad and ate that. I don't know if you like pea soup but I put a piece of ham and some water and a little chicken broth and cooked a bag of dried peas. When they where done I took the ham out and put some in my majic bullet and blended them and strained out any lumps and have been eating that and it is really good . I really wasn't a fan of pea soup at any reasturants or canned but it is pretty good and has protien. Please keep in touch and if you would like to friend maybe we could work together. I haven't tried eating and that may be another story only time will tell. Good Luck and let me know how you are.
Most Active