4 year lapbander removal 10/21 revision Sleeve

ShanaR
on 10/6/11 12:53 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
Hello. I'm a 4year post op lapbander! YAY! I haven't been on here in awhile! I lost about 120lbs from the band/eating right/excerise! 4 years later and 1 child birth down the line my band is no longer working. I haven't been able to have any restrictions with the band. Filled as tight as possible! so now I'm going under the knife to have it removed and have the vertical sleeve done OCT 21st. I gained about 40lbs back and it is just rising! Just would like to get some feedback from anyone who has had the removal of the band and than the sleeve. I switched surgeons as well. I was told that if I have too much scar tissue I will have to have the band removal than 6 weeks later the sleeve done. EEK the tought of going under twice is terrible! So anyone who has had this done I would love to have some insight! Thanks so much!
"I choose Inner beauty for the first and physical beauty for the Second"-UnKnown
Hw:280 SW:223.4 CW:199.4 GW:150

DonnaCrosland
on 10/6/11 6:37 am - WA
Wow - you are telling my story - but I am a few weeks ahead of you!  Banded in 2003 - lost 170 lbs and then the band stopped working.  It slipped and there was not fix for it.  I went in on July 1 this year to revise to a sleeve and there was so much scar tissue I had to wait 3 1/2 months to get the revision (which I got on Monday yeah!).  There was so much scar tissue that it took over 4 hours to do the revision - and the band had pushed so hard on my espohogus (I know I spelled that wrong) that my liver was stuck to my stomach with scar tissue. 

But - the surgery was a piece of cake, I have my new sleeve.  Did the leak test today but decided to keep the drain one more day - and get it out on Friday.

I have had no pain, no nothing - it was kinda funny today to see the new little schrimp stomach as I swore they didn't do it ....

I am tolerating liquids just fine, water, clear broth and some crystal light - so that is great.  My only complaint is constipation but they told me to take some milkamagnesia tonight if it doesn't resolve it'self.

I am so happy to be back on the right side of things.  I did gain about 5 lbs after surgery - but on day 4 I am down 3 of those - so that's great. 

Thanks again to everyone for all the support.

Donna
Most Active