Considering a Revision

20candy07
on 10/8/11 3:14 am - Tolleson, AZ

@ Patricia and Caryn...you two ROCK!! I sincerely mean that...... 

Caryn W.
on 10/7/11 2:12 am - Las Vegas, NV
Some people on here can be so FREAKIN" RUDE!  I mean seriously. I did not meet the weight requirments for the RNY...but i needed a revision from my lap-band becuase of Esophageal issues. I went into the RNY surgery weighing 210 pound, I also have TRICARE insurance, my revision was done on the Naval Base in San Diego.nn That being said

Personally I think you do not need a revision...you may need some psychological help..this seems like a type body dysmorphic disorder, not so much with your image but with how you are dealing with the weight loss. You need to talk to someone....if you pouch has stretched out...maybe try resorting back to your phase one post op diet...go back on liquids...beleive it or not, you stomach will shrink.

If you are skinny...you do not need a revision, you just need to MAINTAIN...and apparently you are doing that....if you feel you are regaining...like i mentioned before...go back to your pre-op diet.

Hope this helps..
Caryn

cajungirl
on 10/7/11 3:51 am
I'm skinny and deathly afraid of gaining weight.
What can I tell my surgeon to get him to agree to a revision using Tricare as my insurance?? 

No legitimate doctor nor will your insurance approve a revision because you are scared of regain.  You mention you are skinny, congrats on maintaining your weight loss!

My suggestion is meeting with a therapist that deals with WLS patients, body dysmorphia and eating disorders, this is what you need Candy not a revision.  Fear is real, many of us fear regain.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

LaughingCow
on 10/7/11 5:38 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
On October 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM Pacific Time, cajungirl wrote:
I'm skinny and deathly afraid of gaining weight.
What can I tell my surgeon to get him to agree to a revision using Tricare as my insurance?? 

No legitimate doctor nor will your insurance approve a revision because you are scared of regain.  You mention you are skinny, congrats on maintaining your weight loss!

My suggestion is meeting with a therapist that deals with WLS patients, body dysmorphia and eating disorders, this is what you need Candy not a revision.  Fear is real, many of us fear regain.
I agree with Cajun's recommendation.  We're not implying that you're crazy or anything.  But it's easy to let fear or anxiety get away from us.  I agree that the fear is real and I don't think that surgery is the answer.  I think support from a professional is. 
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
FLJeepGirl
on 10/10/11 2:09 am
I think you should take your fears to your surgeon and discuss what you believe is going on.  Perhaps making a consultation appointment would answer questions you have about your pouch size as well as ease your apprehension about regaining.  You may not need a revision if your portions are still controlled.  However, I completely understand about your fear of gaining weight
lauralisi
on 10/8/11 3:33 pm - Dona Ana, NM
Hello to You, too

Tricare will not approve a revision given your present situation.    However, I believe you are an excellent candidate for behavioral modification and, perhaps, medication.  This way, you can gain control over your fear of weight gain.  This is no way to live!!!!!!!  Please consider meeting with an appropriate therapist ASAP  
MsBatt
on 10/10/11 2:49 am
Wow---a LOT of this thread has disappeared since yesterday.

I hope you've re-thought some of the advice you were given, and have started the process to get into counseling. Clearly your surgery is NOT 'broken', and a revision isn't going to help you in any way. Your pouch is SUPPOSED to be larger now than it was immediately after surgery, and you're clearly doing well with maintaining your weight. What you need help with is dealing with your fears, and that's not something another surgery will address.

Good luck to you---keep us posted on your progress.
20candy07
on 10/10/11 3:36 am - Tolleson, AZ
Yes some rather strong posts have vanished...lol ...  I'm going to see a surgeon about the pain on my side and will bring the fear up.  I have done so much behavioral modification already to maintain and stay healthy one more won't hurt.  First a WLS Support Group in my new area may help before a Therapist visit.   Thanks all for the positive advise.  

Peace,
Candy

MsBatt
on 10/10/11 6:47 am
Candy, I truly do wish you well. I don't think I read anything previously about the pain in your side---can you give us more details? I've been having a 'mystery pain' in my right side for about six months now, and I've had an ultrasound, a small-bowel follow-through, and a colonoscopy---with ZERO results.
NotWhatSheSeems
on 10/10/11 7:47 am
Candy, I completely understand what you are going through.  I have an ulcer the size of my fist right below my ribcage--it's so large, it's laying on my liver and irritating it.  Dr. Mann has tried everything under the sun, and so has now told me I have no choice but to have the gastric bypass reversed and have the infected tissues removed (it's about the size of my fist).  I am completely pretrified about gaining the weight back--what a hypocrite I am.  I have taugh our teenage girls that outter beauty only excists because of inner beauty.  They could have one eye and green teeth and no hair, and still be the most beautiful women in the world.  What can't I take my own advise?  I love being a size 2!  But so many people have come up to me, saying how unhealthy I looked.  I can't seem to win.  I just want to be the best mom/wife/daughter/ aunt I can possibly be;  I'm in constant pain now with no relief in sight until the reversal on Oct. 20. 

Dr. Mann says I have run out of options---I'm on TPN through a picc line now because I can't keep anything down.  I'm so humilited that our small town knows all about it, and I'm sure there are ******** out there who laugh behind their hands.

I will pray for you, Candy, if you will pray for me.  Sorry for ranting...I am just so scared.
Dawn

"I am patient.  I will be patient.  I am patience itself."-Laura Antoniou

Most Active