Considering a Revision

20candy07
on 10/5/11 4:57 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hello All,
I certainly need advice....I'm skinny and deathly afraid of gaining weight.  I'm sure my pouch is moderately larger than it was after surgery.  I do not eat a lot of food and not what I did before surgery...just afraid of gaining weight.   What can I tell my surgeon to get him to agree to a revision using Tricare as my insurance??  Any help will be appreciated.

Candy

sandy_mt
on 10/5/11 5:43 am, edited 10/5/11 5:43 am
 If you are a normal weight, insurance will not pay for a revision.  I honestly don't think your doctor will touch you either unless you have weight regain or another major issue.    

Yehuda G.
on 10/5/11 9:18 am
Revising just because you pouch may be stretched will never be approved unless you gain weight, or if you have problems such as severe dumping syndrome.

I understand you may be scared of gaining, but try and relax as you are maintaining, right?

Do you have problems with feeling full?
20candy07
on 10/6/11 8:48 am - Tolleson, AZ
Been maintaining for close to 4 years 20 pounds below goal.....I mentally count everything that goes into my mouth, walk and walk.  I do go into a dumping syndrome because my pancreas over compensates sometimes when I eat a piece of fruit.  I'm so afraid of gaining weight...that is one thing I can't conquer in my head.  Feeling full is not in my thoughts I can't stand the feeling so I don't go there as I've learned to know when to stop eating...I don't drink liquor, beer or soda..don't drink and eat at the same time. I wait an hour at least before I drink because I know the real estate in my stomach is limited and needs good food  so I can absorb protein. 

I still believe there is someone out there that has had a revision and they will respond. 

Peace..
Candy

Elizabeth N.
on 10/9/11 12:26 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Tricare will abo****ely NEVER approve a revision if you are below goal and you are not experiencing devastating medical complications. Give it up right now with Tricare.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/5/11 9:54 am
You have to meet BMI requirements, and if you are skinny, that isn't going to happen. 

Surgery is not a magic bullet and you will still have to work at staying slim, so that means your like the rest of the population now.

Go enjoy your health, and don't worry about what isn't happening.
20candy07
on 10/6/11 8:52 am - Tolleson, AZ
I guess you mean well??  Someone has had a revision and someone will respond with what I asked.

Thank you,

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/6/11 4:17 pm
On October 6, 2011 at 3:52 PM Pacific Time, 20candy07 wrote:
I guess you mean well??  Someone has had a revision and someone will respond with what I asked.

Thank you,
Well, I guess you didn't get it. Yes, I mean well, and yes there are lots of people who have gotten revision, because their surgery failed, and they gain weight back. 

And you're ******g welcome.

20candy07
on 10/8/11 2:59 am - Tolleson, AZ

Same to you..LOL

Patricia45
on 10/10/11 2:07 am - OK
Hello, I am going to have revision surgery - but here is the thing. In order for insurance to cover this procedure - you again have to have a BMI of at least 40 and have 2 co-morbities.
If you are skinny - I really don't think Insurance would approve it - and even if you were to pay it on your own, I doubt a surgeon would do it - ethically, he couldn't.

I am not sure why people get on here and give rude responses - but..I do know - as an obese person, that I have mental issues about my weight and emotional issues that make me eat. Both of these should be/need to be dealt with for success.

I understand being scared to gain weight, it happens - here I am again...so, no disrespect, but I would really check into some couseling.

Good Luck!
Most Active