Revision q's about Dr Roslin

crothers2003
on 10/2/11 9:02 am - Scottsville, VA
 I was just curious if anyone had a revision with Dr Roslin in NYC from an RNY to BPD/DS. Does he do it open or lap? How long does the process take from start to finish? I have already been pre-approved by Aetna to have the procedure.
Toy T.
on 10/2/11 9:28 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Most revisioners are over at the DS fourm. But from what I have learned he does straight DS. He can do it open or lap depending on what he is working with when he goes to surgery. Some get it done pretty fast. They have to do a seminar(? I don't know about this for sure bc I didn't I was able to schedule consult), psych eval, upper GI, nutritionist visit, and then visit w/ surgeon and since you already have insurance approval, you are one step ahead of game. I would get d/c summaries and op notes from where you had first WLS and follow up notes from previous surgeon. 
Sexyvt123
on 10/2/11 10:50 am
I had revision surgery with Dr Roslin from Band to DS.  Your best bet is to give them a call and schedule an appt.  Since you already have a pre-approval you should move pretty fast.  He is a great Dr and if he takes you on as a patient then it all depends day of surgery if it will be open or lap. 

clpeltz
on 10/2/11 12:41 pm
There are very few surgeons in the US that can do this difficult surgery.  There are a couple in CA (Keshishain and Rabkin) and one in MN (Buchwald).  There are a couple more, but I don't think Roslin is one of them.  I am sure that others will chime in with the names.  It would be best for you to post this over on the DS forum.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

clpeltz
on 10/2/11 12:47 pm
Found this list:

Dr. Rabkin, Dr. Keshishian, both are located in California

Dr. Elariny, located in Virginia

Dr. Buchwald, located in Minnesota

Dr. Greenbaum, located in New Jersey

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

sandy_mt
on 10/2/11 1:30 pm, edited 10/2/11 1:31 am
I had a RNY revision to DS with Dr. Roslin in July and a handful of others on here have had the same from him. I had my original RNY open in 2000 and he did my revision lap. He does his surgeries laparoscopically unless once he opens you up you have way too much scar tissue and would be under anesthesia too long. But-it's a "game time" decision. No way to know until you are opened up. I thought recovery would be a breeze since it was lap, but it really took me a full 6 weeks to get my energy back. From what I hear from others, revision recovery hits you harder.

Good luck!

Sandy

Edited to add: My procedure took 5 hours. I believe most of his revisions are around the same pending no complications.

airbender
on 10/2/11 7:24 pm
yes he does rny to ds.  it is a very rare situation that he does open, I know of only one that was converted and it was a few years ago.  his office is pretty quick, especially since you are pre-approved, make sure you tell them that when you call, to preserve your timelines.  he does his ds at lennoxhill, in NYC
Frankie
on 10/2/11 11:15 pm - NY

Hi revised from RNY to DS a week ago and I am doing great so far.  He did my revision lap.  I started my process in May and had surgery in September.  I would call and get started.

Good luck to you on your journey.

Frankie

Zee Starrlite
on 10/3/11 1:53 am
OMG Frankie, you're done!!!!  Congrats baby and many blessings.  Hope you have smooth sailing.

Best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Frankie
on 10/3/11 9:13 am - NY
Hi Leila,

Yes, I am 1 week post op and feeling pretty ok, except a little fatigue (which is normal).

Thanks,
Frankie

Most Active