Best Revision surgeon in Mexico???

Michele1az
on 9/29/11 6:01 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13 with
Hi!

I had my band on 4-2007 in Mexico and never lost the weight. Now my band is 99% empty, so I am gaining like crazy.  I have been looking for a US surgeon but the cash price is $16,000.  I have $7500 now and I was wondering about surgeons in Cancun or Puerta Vallerta that do Revision surgeries to the VSG.

Please let me know as soon as possible. I have a week off in October. So, I want this done now.

Michele

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

smileyjamie72
on 9/29/11 8:35 am - Palmer, AK

UNGSON!!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

DonnaCrosland
on 9/29/11 10:57 am - WA
Although he is in TJ - I vote for OCC and Dr. Ortiez - if you are going to Mexico - go with the best (of course we all love our surgeons ) but Dr, Ortiez has taken care of my band, done my band removal and now doing my sleeve,...

Hope that is helpful....

Donna
Michele1az
on 9/29/11 12:00 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13 with
Wow. Dr. Ortiez did my Lap-band, too. How much was the revision surgery? Will $7500 cover it?

Michele
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/29/11 3:47 pm
Ungson for DS, Ungson or Aceves for sleeve, and I wouldn't get another band, or even let the doctor that put one in touch me a second time. They know how dismal the band stats are, and they don't deserve your returning business for steering you in a bad direction that would only generate more money for them.
DonnaCrosland
on 9/30/11 1:06 am - WA
Not to start a hot topic here but when i got my band in 2003 - there were no bad stats on the band - it was pretty new.  I had great success with my band and lost 170lbs..and kept it off for over 6 years...but when the band failed my doc was there for me.  Helping me try to save the band and then giving me great advice on what to do next.  To me - that is what you want in a great doctor.  Anything we do to our bodies may wear out or fail - or in some cases have something better come along.

Would I get another band  - no.  Why - I don't want to mess with the fills again.  That is the only reason.

Dr. Ortiez is great and will make sure you need a revision and then help you make an educated choice.  I think all pricing is a bit flexible due to who put in your band and condition of stomach.  Mine was $8500 and that included removing the band - and when I had to wait 3 months to get the sleeve - due to stomach condition -t here was no extra fees - just come on back in 3 months and let's get this taken care of.  To me - that is a GREAT doctor!

Hope this helps - I know we are all different - experience differnt paths with our journey - but the key is to have a great doc who will work with us

Donna (surgery to revision in 2 days yikes)
Michele1az
on 9/30/11 2:43 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13 with
Thank you!

You are not worried about going to TJ? The first time was fine, but NOW. Do you fill safe about it?
soulsister
on 9/30/11 3:23 am - NY
Dr. Ramos Kelly in TJ will be doing my sleeve in November.  My band is already out so but I think it is an extra 1,000 or so for band removal.  He has been nothing but great on the phone. I have heard wonderful things about him and has a very small complication rate.

His prices continue to go up due to his reputation. Now it is 5,700 for the sleeve and any extra for band removal.
DonnaCrosland
on 9/30/11 3:39 am - WA
Nope - I feel very safe in TJ - there are probably some border towns where that would not be true - but you don't even have to be out and about in TJ if you don't want to.

I was down in July to get my band removed and besides there being less tourists around - it was about the same.

I would  not worry about that - they are great about making you feel comfortable.  Dr. O does 4-5 patients a day - and has never had an issue.

Donna
grammylew
on 10/1/11 10:39 pm - Jacksonville, NC
I just got back from Tijuana last week after Dr. Ortiz did my revision from band to sleeve. I LOVE that doctor. I also loved my band. Dr. Ortiz put it in in 2007. I had great success and lost 125 pounds. But then after surgery related to my gallbladder cancer my band was unfilled. I spent 18 months, many fills and unfills and lots of $ trying to get back to my sweet spot. I also gained back half of my weight. I wound up with leaky tubing. Instead of spending $2000, for a repair and trying to get the perfect fill, I went with a revision to the sleeve.
Dr. Ortiz removed the band and did the sleeve on the same day. I understand he had some trouble with scar tissue from my liver resection surgery, but there is a reason he is the best!! We sign a paper saying we will not discuss what it cost, but at $7500 you are almost there.
BTW, Dr. Ortiz now uses the Marriott or the Lucerne Hotel for his patients. I stayed at the Marriott this time and it was fantastic! They make popsicles especially for us using fresh mellons and they are yummo. It is also within walking distance to Walmart, but it is mostly uphill. I felt perfectly safe there, as I have in the past. I didn't go out at night though, and stayed close to the hotel during the day. This is the first time I went by myself. If you go and stay at the Marriott be sure to tell Francisco, the maitre' de that Grandma says hi!
I am just starting with the sleeve, really, but so far I like it. Except for the diarhea I am still having. But I guess, liquids in, liquids out!

Grammylew in Jax

Most Active